HP printer problem

ronkor

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Hello,
I have three documents in queue athat are deleted, but it is now 24 hours later and I still can't print. I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500. Can anyone help?

Try powering the printer off\on to reset it and make sure there are no errors showing (ie, Out of paper, Out of ink), also check that the cable is plugged into both the printer and system. Windows will queue the documents and keep them there until the printer is ready to print them so if they are still waiting there is some reason the system thinks the printer is busy or offline.

Morkintash

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Go to start, click on control panel, click on admin tools. A window will pop up with links inside of it. Look for the link that looks like a small silver gear named Services.
Open the services link and a new window will pop up. In the window there will be hundreds of diffrent services running. Scroll through them and look for printerspooler or just spooler. Right click it and click on the small button "Restart." This will restart the printer spooler service and should remove your deleted prints that are hung up in the printing que. (HP printers have this happen alot, Mostly the small desktop inkjet printers which will hang up like this very very often.)

If you cant find the spooler service then google around for steps that better explain how to find the printer spooler service and on how to restart.