Quick question on ym and attachment previews

Does opening the mail containing them (on ie) infect the pc or the yahoo account? To be more specific, i was searching for a particular pic sent by a cousin of mine. Anyway, i clicked on a header with a paperclip, only realizing too late that though it was sent by him, the title said "juicy gossip read asap". Damn. His account was probably compromised.

Anyway, since this is yahoo mail, i was brought into the mail screen containing the message body and the preview of the attachment pics. I clicked back, promptly deleted mail, and did not open any more emails from my cousin.

I didnt open the thumbnail image and i didnt click on any link in the messeage text.could i have been infected or could i still have had my acct compromised due.to clicking on the mssage in the search results? Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about quick question attachment previews
  1. if you open an attachment it can potentially infect your pc. not your yahoo account. Please be advised that you cannot get infected by a virus by opening a data file like a picture, text file, video, etc. only if you run an executable like a .bat .exe .scr etc
Ask a new question

Read More

Internet Applications Internet Explorer Yahoo Apps