Sign in with
Your question

new cpu heatsink/fan for core2duo e6600, on Asus P5W DH Deluxe

Last response: in Overclocking
November 22, 2007 2:51:20 AM

Just after some advice as to what I might replace the stock intel cooler with. I'm not at this stage an overclocker or a super-high performance user, so I have been using the stock cooler since I built the machine.
However, the thing is a pain to seat correctly, and I have had it become detached in the past (obviously not good). My current problem is that I just can't get it to seat firmly enough, and so my cpu is running at between 50-63 degrees C.

I'm not too worried about cash - I will just chuck money at it, and while I'm not in it for overclocking at this stage, I do tend to try to go for high quality components because I know that they'll work well and come recommended.

The case I'm using at the moment is a Thermaltake Sonata. It does have a side fan that is mostly above the cpu.

So my main question is, can anyone recommend a cpu cooling setup that will
a) be compatible with my motherboard
b) fit in my case
c) will be easier to fit than the stock intel cooler, and when fitted, be fitted much more securely. I don't want the heatsink to come loose again.
d) and perform better than the stock cooler when seated correctly

Hope ya can help :) 
November 22, 2007 2:59:59 AM

Zalman CNPS 9700 would be a good performing, yet easy installation.
November 28, 2007 2:40:16 AM

Does anyone know whether the Zalman CNPS 9700 fits around the northbridge heatsink on the Asus P5W DH Deluxe? Also whether the size might be a problem with my thermaltake case
!