Antec Sonata III or Ultra Gladiator ?

trep-

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Heyas,

I'm hesitating between 2 cases.

First one is an Antec Soanata III with 550W power supply integrated. I've always heard good things about Antec and i'm pretty sure this case would fit my needs.

Second one is the Ultra Gladiator Black ATX Mid-Tower with a 500W power supply integrated. I've read good reviews about Ultra and by registering the case online you can have a lifetime warranty on the power supply + the case. That's pretty interesting.

I think the Ultra case might be a bit more expensive, but i'm wondering if it would be worth the "investment". Any clue what kind of warranty Antec offers ?

Regards,

trep-

akhilles

Splendid
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2337815&sku=ULT33181

Is that it? Some Ultra psu's are pretty good. Not sure about this particular one.

However, what we're sure is that the Earthwatt 550w in the Sonata 3 is quality. The Ultra case looks better to me. I'd still pick the Sonata. I have a version 2 for my family rig. It's joy to work around. Plus, it has a dust filter that pulls down from the bottom front for easy cleaning. Antec stands behind their products. In some cases, they would go so far as to offer free replacements.

Go with antec. Their customer service dept sent me about a dozen fan straps at no charge for the back fan on the super lanboy with a simple email request. They sometimes break when you change boards. I got the sonata II for my spare pc recently at Fry's.com.