How do I get rid of this annoying Explorer mouseover window?

Whenever I move my cursor over a filename this little window pops up giving
me information about the file. Recently it has become increasingly annoying
but I cannot find out how to get rid of it. Is there a switch somewhere that
I can turn it off?

Gordon

"Country Charm" <CountryCharm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I move my cursor over a filename this little window pops up
giving
> me information about the file. Recently it has become increasingly
annoying
> but I cannot find out how to get rid of it. Is there a switch somewhere
that
> I can turn it off?

In Windows Explorer, go to Tools-Folder Options-View. Scroll down to the
bottom and uncheck "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items"

HTH