I am logged on as the administrator and still cant delete the file

ihatevista

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
Hello,
Hi i have tried evertthing suggested that i have found on this issue, and i STILL can't delete a file. It is driving me crazy.
I am logged on as the super user, and i have tried changing all the permissions, then trying apply inherited permissions to all object, and all i get is a message saying "access denied".

Even logged in on safe mode, as the super user, still has no joy, the check boxes to change permissions on files are greyed out.

Can someone please help me?

Morkintash

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Download "Unlocker" from CNET http://download.cnet.com/Unlocker/3000-2248_4-10493998.html

After this instal the software. Log back into your admin account (make sure the unlocker program is running after installing it) Right click the pesky file that won't delete and the drop down box will roll out with a new button called "Unlock" It will have a small magic wand with a star icon on it so it shouldnt be hard to locate. Click it and Apply any settings or say Ok that it may prompt you. After this just simply press the delete button on the file you were wanting to delete and it should go away.