EXPLORER SICK

starstern

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
DELL VOSTRO 1510 VISTA INTERNET EXPLORER 8,,PROTECTION MODE ON,AVIRA FREE VERSION ANTI VIRUS,DISC CLEANED AND DEFRAGED,CC CLEAN ,DRWEBCUREIT EXPRESS SCAN HAVENT FOUND ANYTHING,TUNE UP UTILITIES ,EVERY MOVE MAKE ON COMPUTER LIKE FROM ONE LINK /SITE TO ANOTHER ,IT FREEZES FOR HALF MINUTE AND SAYES ALL THE WAY TOP ON SCREEN ,INTERNET EXPLORER PROVIDED BY DELL NOT RESPONDING ,AND ALSO POP UP MICROSOFT WINDOWS ;INTERNET EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING

Solution

I would not use memturbo for anything.
Duplicate cleaner, if you know you have several files that you put on that are the same, use it to clean those up. Never use a program like that to clean up Windows files or program files.

Do not run any automatic cleanup programs, registry fixers, speed up programs unless you know the guts of your system and what the files the programs work on do.

starstern

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011

I did it in regular mode with no results ,then i did spybot ,again in regular mode and when all done i got it working again ,just it dident last more then couplle hours ,dosent that indicate that its a spyware rather then malaware?

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
A restart looks like it fixed the problem

Run chkdsk /r from cmd prompt and shutdown fully. Restart. This will check your disk for errors. You should listen to Hang-the9 and run malwarebytes in Safe Mode.

Run the scan in Safe Mode, not regular so services and programs don't all load. Spyware and malware mean the same thing. Malware is any software that causes issues, virus, spyware, etc...

You should also turn off Restore Points when you do this, and turn them on after things are clean. Malware likes to hide in the restore points.

Right-click My Computer, click on System Restore tab, uncheck the check box.

To get into Safe Mode, when the PC boots, after the BIOS loads, hit F8 a few times. Select Safe Mode with Networking and run Malware Bytes. Make sure you update it if it needs it.

starstern

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
the only time things got back to normal was by reset internet explorer ,and after copleted spybot ,but the latter one didnt helped complete and having it done again now it didnt helped at all ;i am using google chrome its been perfect ,but as time goes on problems begin to arouse and only gettin worse ?noe got issue with microsoft word ,when open it a pop up box jumps up saying the document contains macros ,macro language support for this application is disabled ,feature reqiring vba are not available ,........the file canot be opened because there are problems with the contents....................word found unreadable content in normal ......changes been made the effect the global template ,normal,.....

You should re-install Windows and re-load your applications. Sounds like your Normal.dot was corrupt, and something is trying to load a word doc when you start Word. Script hackers try to do that as a Word document with the right macros is pretty much a virus. Your Word security settings are preventing it from running though which is good.

starstern

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011

i did the malawarbytes in safe mode ,but noe i noticed that you wanterd me done in safe mode with networking ???whats the diffrence if any ?

ialready found the fault it’s a program I downloaded called translator bar 1.13 community toolbar ,once I got rid of it ,already proofed two times everything gets back to normal but I can’t remove it ,it says no apps so not found ,and after through a program called everything ,I found where all this got hidden and tried to uninstall and now it’s asking for admin rights ,the same with avira antivirus fragments left and cant remove complete for same reason ,window vista doesn’t give you full admin rights "
also since I did a full drwebcure 24 hour scan still skipped system folders again because no admin rights ,and found 4 Trojan start page 1505 ,how can I tweeze them out ?

starstern

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011

IS THIS A KIND OF REGISTRY FIX ,?IF SO I ALREADY USED COUPLE OF PROGRAMS WHICH FIX OR OPTIMISE OR BOOST REGISTRY ?AM I STILL SHORT ON THAT ??
NOW UPDATE ABOUT THE PROBLEM;

already found the fault it’s a program I downloaded called translator bar 1.13 community toolbar ,once I got rid of it ,already proofed two times everything gets back to normal but I can’t remove it ,it says no apps so not found ,and after through a program called everything ,I found where all this got hidden and tried to uninstall and now it’s asking for admin rights ,the same with avira antivirus fragments left and cant remove complete for same reason ,window vista doesn’t give you full admin rights "
also since I did a full drwebcure 24 hour scan still skipped system folders again because no admin rights ,and found 4 Trojan start page 1505 ,how can I tweeze them out ?

You need to find out what your admin account is. The reason you start with Safe Mode with Networking is so Malwarebytes can download updates.

You don't want to use any registry optimizers, I find that the cause more problems that they solve. Never seen one do anything good myself. If you have any type of speed up utilities, registry cleaners, etc... I'd just uninstall them. You probably want to keep Avira, it's a good anti-virus program.

starstern

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011

THANKS MUCH FOR THAT PIECE OF ADVICE ,THIS INCLUDES THE RUN CHKDSK/R FROM CMD PROMT ???
NOW YOU SAID IT DOES MORE BAD THEN GOOD "SO IF I ALREADY RAN THOSE PROGRAMS HOW DO I GET RID OF DAMAGE DONE BY THEM "NOW ??

AVIRA IS GOOD BUT NOW A DAYS AVG AND AVAST GETS BETTER RATING ,PLUS ON AVAST I GET A FEATURE CALLED SANDBOX WHERE CAN DOWNLOAD PROGRAMS MORE SAFE ;" YOUR SAY ??

ONE MORE THING LEFT FOR ME TO TAKE CARE OF IS "CONGESTION " 801 % OF MY MEMORY ALREADY USED UP ,AND I NOW LEARNED THAT THE COMPUTER SAVES SOME DOWNLOADS FOR NO USABLE REASON ??
THE QUESTION REMAINS =
IS THERE ANY THING I MAY DELETE LIKE CONTROLPANEL/COMPUTR/OS/DOCTEMPS/???

starstern

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
SOUNDS YOU MANAGED TO PUT TOGETHER A FULL COMPREHENSIVE CLEANING SYSTEM FOR THE COMPUTER ,IAM ALREADY EXCITED TO HAVE IT DONE AND SEE THE RESULTS ,
HAVE YOU INCLUDED THE FUNCTION OF WHAT I GOT FROM SOMEONE IN YOUR SAME SITE /RUN CHKDSK/R FROM CMD PROMT AND RESTART ???
I DO USE CC CLEAN AND BEEN TOLD BY ONE THAT ,IT WILL DELETE ALL MY UNNECESSARY FILES ,BUT WHEN I DO RIGHT AFTER CC CLEAN EASYCLEANER IT SHOWES TREMENDOUS KB. OF UNNECESSARY FILES AND GIVES OPTION TO DELETE ,DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ON THIS ?
ALSO THE COMBOFIX I ALREADY SET TO RAN ,AND I LEFT OFFICE THE NEXT MORNING ARRIVED ,I FOUND NO TRACE OF IT TELLING WHETHER AND HOW WAS DONE ???AND DID FOUND ON MY SCREEN A FRONT PAGE OF A PROGRAM CALLED SLOWPCFIGHTER
ALSO MALAWARE I ALREADY RAN ON SAFE MODE ,JUST IT WASENT WITH NETWORKING ,SO I WILL TRY TO RUN IT AGAIN SOON ;BUT AM NOT FAR ...
IF YOU BELIEVE LIKE SOME DO THAT THE BEST IS DRWEBCURE AS FAR SCAN GOES ,I DID THE FULL SCAN WHICH TOOK MORE THEN 24 HOURS AND I CAME OUT AS CLEAN !!
IS IT TRUE THAT WITH LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM IM TOTAL TROUBLE FREE OF ANY VIRUS BUGS SPYWARE TROJANS ,,,,????

Stop using online scanners, automatic cleanup utilities, etc... 99% of them are fake and just install spyware on your system.

Linux is safer because virus writers tend not to bother with writing viruses for linux because it's a small user base. Any computer can avoid malware if you use it right and watch what sites you visit, what you click on, etc.. If you don't know what you are doing, you will get the same viruses on a linux system that you would using any other OS.

And stop typing in all caps already.

starstern

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
Wanamingo;???WHO IS THIS GUY ???
HIS ADVICE TO RUN CHKDSK AT CMD PROMT ,BLOCKED ME ALTOGETHER TO GET ACESS TO COMPUTER ,AS IT WAS REPEATINGLY SCANNING WITH NO WAY OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!UNTIL TOOK IT TO EXPERT TO CLEAN IT OUT AND HE SAID THAT AVIRA ANTI VIRUS IS THE ONE TO GO WITH AND NOTHING ELSE

The advice to run a chkdsk, wasn't bad advice. What that will do, is scan the hard drive for errors, and try to repair any it finds.

Your 'expert' gave you sound advice. Avira is a quality antivirus. However, there are others which do the job just as well. Avira won't resolve an issue with a looping chkdsk. If the chkdsk is unable to complete, you may have a failing hard drive.

Once again, please stop posting in all CAPS. It's considered yelling in a forum setting.

starstern

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
i did a diagnosis thru dell disk;and all was good hd tune pro does more?
any how i am looking into the option of getting a new hard drive
i wonder if in this area you have knowledge as well ;i.e.to get the best speed trouble free ;what are the features important and usable for me in order to achieve that goal ?
monitor response time ?primary and secondary memory cash?ram/rmd/turboboost?cpu/core/?bus speed time?bus clock?plus other measures to input into action 1]duplicate cleaner2.0program???memturbo 4and how to ser it ???auslogics disk defrag any better then window own defrag ???