Need help with a BUDGET BUILD for Work.

I'm tired of the slow performance of my netbook at work, so I'm going to buy a PC instead of dropping more money to try to get a faster netbook. I already have a Power supply, case, and OS so I just need CPU, MoBo, HD, and ram suggestions. This is an extreme budget build (comparable to the cost of a netbook <$300). I don't have any real knowledge with this low of a price range which is why I'm hoping someone can chime in. The Mother board MUST BE A MICRO (my case only fits those).

---------------------

So far this is what I have... Any suggestions/comments?

AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU

G.SKILL Value Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD322GJ/U 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

ASRock FM2A75M-DGS FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

= ~$275

--------------------------------

Approximate Purchase Date: By the new year.

Budget Range: No more than $300... aiming for $250.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Web browsing and word/powerpoint/excel.

Are you buying a monitor: NO

I currently have a case, power supply and OS. I just need CPU, MoBo (MicroATX), HD, Ram.

Overclocking: No necessary.

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: (1440x900).
3 answers Last reply
More about need budget build work
  1. if all you will be doing is web browsing and document editing then you do not need 8gb of ram. 3 or 4 of budget ram is plenty.

make sure any motherboard you pick has onboard video. and audio if you have speakers.
  2. Is this CPU / MoBo combo any good? I haven't touched AMD for about 5 years so I'm behind on the technology on their end...
  3. Maybe exchange the AMD for an Intel cpu at around the same price range, in the last few years AMD has fallen behind in competitiveness.
Ask a new question

Read More

Products