Sign in with
Your question

Need help with a BUDGET BUILD for Work.

Tags:
Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
October 29, 2012 2:28:55 AM

I'm tired of the slow performance of my netbook at work, so I'm going to buy a PC instead of dropping more money to try to get a faster netbook. I already have a Power supply, case, and OS so I just need CPU, MoBo, HD, and ram suggestions. This is an extreme budget build (comparable to the cost of a netbook <$300). I don't have any real knowledge with this low of a price range which is why I'm hoping someone can chime in. The Mother board MUST BE A MICRO (my case only fits those).

---------------------

So far this is what I have... Any suggestions/comments?

AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU

G.SKILL Value Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD322GJ/U 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

ASRock FM2A75M-DGS FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

= ~$275

--------------------------------

Approximate Purchase Date: By the new year.

Budget Range: No more than $300... aiming for $250.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Web browsing and word/powerpoint/excel.

Are you buying a monitor: NO

I currently have a case, power supply and OS. I just need CPU, MoBo (MicroATX), HD, Ram.

Overclocking: No necessary.

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: (1440x900).

More about : budget build work

October 29, 2012 3:07:31 PM

if all you will be doing is web browsing and document editing then you do not need 8gb of ram. 3 or 4 of budget ram is plenty.

make sure any motherboard you pick has onboard video. and audio if you have speakers.
October 29, 2012 6:20:24 PM

Is this CPU / MoBo combo any good? I haven't touched AMD for about 5 years so I'm behind on the technology on their end...
November 6, 2012 9:52:29 AM

Maybe exchange the AMD for an Intel cpu at around the same price range, in the last few years AMD has fallen behind in competitiveness.
!