X-Fi XtremeGamer - Mic isn't working

Stef_NL

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2007
Hello,

I don't know anything to do anymore, I would gladly appreciate it if somebody could help me fix this problem with my soundcard.

I recently got a new computer with the following specs:
Asus P5N-E SLI (nForce 650i SLI chipset)
Intel Core 2 Duo e6750
Kingston HyperX DDR2 @ 800 Mhz
WD 250 GB SATA2
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
XFX 8800 GTX

with the following headset:

Sennheiser PC 151
---------

Ok, so I've installed the whole PC.
All drivers, works perfect, great sound.
Got my speaker set connected to a extra plug so i can connect 2 audio devices into 1 port (the green one).
Both the speakers and headphones work good like this.
When I put the Microphone jack into the flexijack, it just doesn't do anything.
I can't get my mic to work.
I've also got a frontpanel, I put my headphones in there and then only 1 earpiece works.
When I put the mic in, it doesn't do anything aswell.
Ive played with all the volumes, mic boost and everything.
Nothing to get the mic working.
When I put it in Entertaining mode (It distorts the audio sometimes, not so good quality no more).

Does anyone know what to do??
Stef

Stef_NL

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2007
Forgot about this:

I put off the onboard audio in my BIOS.

Also I can't select anything at the DIGITAL I/O in the config panel
(It's disabled, I can't put it on Line-In / Mic in, could this be the problem? If so, does anyone know how to enable this?)

No1sFanboy

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
I'm guessing you're using Vista.

I've found that I have to have the audio console set to "Audio Creation Mode", for the mic to work.

tyrone9

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
I'm having the same problem man! I can't select anything in the Digital I/O panel and its not recognizing my mic. I have the same card and an Icemat Siberia Headset. Creative lab tech support has had me do just about everything and it still wont' work. THe sound works but the mic wont, although it seems that if i plug it into the front of my case the mic will work. Is it using some sort of onboard sound instead of my sound card?

nnevermindd

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
dude, i have the same problem. want to know how I got it to work? prepare yourself: it's retarded.

my working mic is plugged in to the front panel
(i assume you would have to have your FP audio jack plugged into your SBX-Fi as well)
and i have another mic plugged in to the card in the back.

yes,
2 microphones,
and only the one in the front records. my speakers are plugged in to the back; they work fine. it's ridiculous. i would deduce that another possible solution would be to unplug your front panel audio to get the rear jack to work, but since this current (albeit absurd) setup happens to work, I'm not touching a thing.

gg Creative