Multiple BSOD's, same symptoms.

jsw225

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Hi!

I am getting a Blue Screen of Death almost exactly 20-25 seconds after I hit the log in screen in Windows Vista. Everytime.

I have:

850W Antec PSU
8 gigs of DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Motherboard
EVGA GTX260 video card 896 megs.
Intel E8400 3.0Ghz 775 chipset processor.
Windows Vista Home Premium.

This problem started happening suddenly. I hadn't made any changes in the past couple of days. I can start up in safe mode, though.

Some of the BSOD errors I've gotten are:

APC Index Mismatch
Interrupt Exception Not Handled
CDD.DLL Crash
IRQL Not less or Equal
Page Fault in Non-Paged Area
Non-Titled BSOD crash (not the name, the crash doesn't have an error title)

Any BSOD I get so far has been one of those, but the crash always happens the same way at the same time.

I tried restoring Windows to a point about a week ago (Crashing started happening last night), but it still crashes. I also did a Memory Test from the Windows CD, but no errors came up.

Thinking it was a Graphics Driver error, I uninstalled from Safe Mode. I tried a normal start up with out the drivers, and it still crashed. I went back into Safe Mode to install older drivers, and it immediately BSOD when installing the drivers.

Any ideas as to what it is? Anything more I can post to help?

jsw225

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Ah, almost forgot. Most of the time after a normal start up just before the crash, several applications crash, most notably Google Updater.

Alaskan_IT

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011
Does it EVER blue screen while in safe mode? If not, then it may be a startup item or service.

Also, What is the manufacturer of your hard drive? I would recommend downloading the ISO for their HDD diagnostics. DFT for Hitachi, SeaTools for Seagate, to name a few. Just in case, always best to rule out hardware first.