Sign in with
Your question

Tough decision need help

Last response: in Components
September 6, 2007 7:45:32 PM

Hey guys, i am having a hard time deciding on what soundcard to buy for my system. I have narrowed it down to auzentech x-meridian, and Ht omega claro, or the bluegears b-inspirer. I am a big gamer, I want awesome game quality sound and awesome music. Anyone have any experiance with any of these cards?

Intel q6600
evga 680i
evga 8800gtx
2 raptors
500 gb caviar hdd
logitech Z5500 speakers
4 gb patriot extreme ram
windows xp
coolermaster stacker

More about : tough decision

September 6, 2007 9:23:47 PM

Interesting, I've been checking out the same 3 cards and narrowed it down to the Auzentech or HT Omega. They are both a little better than the bluegears, the other 2 reportedly handle analogue sound better, which is important because I'm running my sound card through a receiver and using RCA cables, receiver doesn't have an optical in. Had decided on the HT Omega as the best compromise, bang for the buck, but saw the Auzentech on newegg for $170 but of course if was out of stock, the HT was $160. At least for me, $200 is just too much for an audio card. The Auzentech uses more of the CPU than the other 2.
September 7, 2007 3:56:39 AM

G-Paw... have you used the HT yet? How are the sounds, and compatability with games, windows, vista, anything like that? any weird problems?
Related resources
September 7, 2007 11:24:08 AM

hastetheday said:
G-Paw... have you used the HT yet? How are the sounds, and compatability with games, windows, vista, anything like that? any weird problems?

Haven't gotten the card yet, just been reading a lot of reviews. Google "sound card reviews" or reviews of any of these cars, some good professional reviews out there. Trying to convince my wife that it would be a good b'day present and I'm worth the money, the last part that's tough :)  At least one and many a couple of the reviews mention that Creative might be a little better for gaming because of the Creative technology vs the C Media technology these cards are based on but since I don't game and listening to music is far more important, plus my Audigy 2 ZS just went south as well as Creative bloatware, I'm not really considering Creative.
September 7, 2007 3:14:52 PM

Ya from everyone i have talked to about creative, they said stay away. I have no desire for a creative card.
September 7, 2007 3:42:02 PM

After reading the reviews, don't think you can go wrong with any of those cards. If they fall in my price range, I usually split the difference and go with the middling level, in this case the HT Omega. Be interested in knowing what you decide on.
!