EVGA 8800GTSACS3 82C on full load > normal or unsafe?

alspark

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
My EVGA 8800GTS 640MB ACS3 (stock) edition goes up to 82C+ on full load. I’m getting this temp from CPU Cool. Only NFS Underground push it that much (8x anisotropic filtering and 4x antialiasing). My res is 1280X1024, 19” LCD. With other games like Supreme Commander (8x anisotropic filtering and 4x antialiasing), Company of heroes (8x anisotropic filtering and 4x antialiasing) it goes up to 80C. My E6600 @ 2.4 runs between 58C to 63C. Without gaming or idle graphics card runs at 68C and CPU 46C.
Is this too hot for my hardware? I’ve not seen any problem while running at this temp. Another thing - what is the highest safe temp for the graphics card?
Thanks for reading. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
It normal, people with better air flow through their case are going to report lower temps. You'd be amazed on how much cooler your PC will run with the side door removed.

alspark

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
I’ve a 120mm fan in front of the case for air in flow, two 80mm fans one in the back and another in the side for air out flow. And also my thermaltake pure power 680w has two fans for air out flow. My graphics card is the ACS3 edition which supposed to minimize the temp. By the way my room temp is 30C +. Though I’ve not face any problems while running at this temp but I’m worried. Do u know what is the max safe temp for the 8800GTS or where I can find this info.
Thanks for Ur replies and info.

Kari

Splendid
Turn the side fan around to make it an intake fan. Usually the front and side fans are intake and the back and top fans are exhaust.
And 30C as ambient is a little on the warm side, your HDDs might be running too hot aswell just because of that...

fletch420

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
based on the data provided those temps seem ok, my temps this summer were in that range. also- when i stress tested the card with ati tool it hit thermal shutdown at 100C (fyi). you may well improve it with a diff fan config- and better fans if you have cheap ones.
cheers

82 while warms is not going to hurt the card.

Your cpus 63 is also within the specs for that cpu as well.

All your temps are a direct result of high room temps as its seems...

I am quite sure the card will take 90 without issues at stock speeds....