mtstans

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
I'm looking to get a evga MB. But I'm noticing 4 different ones and they all seem the same to me? Ya I'm a new guy here, so can anyone help me translate the differences in these boards?

two of them are listed as the same, but yet they have price differences of 20 dollars but both contain NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI MCP

The other two are seperated by 10 dollars but one has NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI SE and the other NVIDIA nForce 680i LT SLI

All the specs on these boards seem to me to be the same....what are the differences? And what benefits if any do I really get from getting the "higher end" board?

I'm looking to use this to play games as my primary use.

I was also wondering the differences in p35 and 680I which I have seen is a great debate on this forum and still I'm left dumbfounded and confused. If my machine is used for gaming is the sli mode with 2 cards better then for me? I see that the p35 has the crossfire, but does it work with anytype of video cards? It also seems limited (on paper only I guess and without knowledge on my end) by only having x16 and x1 on the 2 vid cards while in cross fire mode.

Thanks for any info on this mystery
Matthew

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
There are many variants of the 6x0i chipsets.
In the NVIDIA site there is a page explaining the features of each chipset making the 650i the cheapest one and the 680i SLI x16 the best but most expensive one.

Today, you can get the High-end 680is (aka C55XE) for good price (eVGA board) which is recommended.

There is also one that is a lower end 680i which is LT (C55 non-XE) which is a lower performer but it does the job very nice and is very close to its higher brother.