Sign in with
Your question

Relative power consumption

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a c 130 U Graphics card
September 21, 2007 1:47:56 PM

I know its a kind of weird question but i have a rig that has the same ATX 400watt psu as a friend now the one i have is running a x1650xt and he asked me what sort of power its using,well i dont know but he wants to upgrade his graphics from a x800 series card and asked me the question to try and work out if he could run a 1950GT on his.
So the question is how much differance is there between the two cardspower wise ?
Yes i know its not the most scientific /best way about it but i said i would try to find out so here i am :) 
Mactronix
September 21, 2007 5:43:22 PM

what are the amp readings on it? and what make is it??

im pretty sure the 1950Gt is a fair bit more power hungry than what u have.
September 21, 2007 5:56:06 PM

Just look up the power usage of the card when lookin for a review, a lot of the time, better sites will give you the wattage the card uses in the system...
Related resources
September 21, 2007 6:42:47 PM

mactronix said:
I know its a kind of weird question but i have a rig that has the same ATX 400watt psu as a friend now the one i have is running a x1650xt and he asked me what sort of power its using,well i dont know but he wants to upgrade his graphics from a x800 series card and asked me the question to try and work out if he could run a 1950GT on his.
So the question is how much differance is there between the two cardspower wise ?
Yes i know its not the most scientific /best way about it but i said i would try to find out so here i am :) 
Mactronix

X1650XT= 55w
X1900GT= 75w

no info on 1950GT
a c 130 U Graphics card
September 22, 2007 4:45:31 PM

Thanks for the links guys it seems that there is not that much in it even if the numbers on the charts are wildly differant they say that the cards are similar. however looking at the cards on the charts i am going to recomend he dosent risk it and gets him self a 7950 less power and more performance.
Thanks again
Mactronix :) 
!