Problem - DVD Double Layer reporting incorrect size

Arkymedes

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2008
Hello,

Recently I made a backup of some ISO files into a Double Layer DVD from my HP Pavilion 6000ea notebook. This DVD contains 3 files (2x 700mb and 1x 4.9gb all ISOs)

I bought a new PC for myself with an LG GSA-H50L, WinXP Pro SP2 everything up to date.

When I put the media into the drive, Windows recognize it, if I check the "Properties" it informs the correct size of the DVD, but if I check the single size of the big ISO (supposed to be 4.9gb) shows me only 740mb.

If I mount this ISO with any program, I tried Magic ISO, PowerISO and DAEMON Tools, shows me the correct information and size, I can even see all the files there, but I can't extract any of them.

Is there a solution for this problem??

Thanks in advance!

Kari

Splendid
Can the old HP read the dvd properly? Just to make sure the media itself is ok.
I remember back in the day some drives refused to read cds/dvds burnt in a different drive, some sort of compatibility issues were quite common those days... If the Hp can acces the disc, you could hook both of them in a LAN network and transfer the data over the net..

Arkymedes

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2008
i used the Jetbee, free software :/

I never had any error before with that

I tried to emulate the ISO with daemon tools and at least try to extract but no result.

I will send this DVD to space :p

Thanks anyway guys :D

TRENDING THREADS