Driver Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
How good are these driver programs that you see on the web? I tried Driver Reviver and it's telling me that my Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller is out of date and there was one updated on the 02/01/2012. Isn't this covered under the chipset update and if so I went to Intel's web site and Asus's cause that's my mobo's manufactor and there both up to date. It's the Asus P7P55D-E Pro which uses the Intel P55 Xpress Chipset.

Also there's 5 Drivers that it's showing that are outdated. They are PCI Standard PCI-to-PCI Bridge and it says the provider is Microsoft and they've been outdated since 06-01-2010. All 5 of them are this, and yet if I go to Windows Update and check I don't have any updates. I'm currently using Windows 7 64bit.

I assume the updates that you only see on your Mobo's support site our ones that they have approved for that mobo but are they always the most up to date?

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

Can look up the wrong chipset when I'm using Intel's on program to look that up for me.? Don't think so. And the info provided by your program is very vague.

The PCI Standard PCI-to-PCI Bridge drivers which your program claims to be outdated shows that the provider is Microsoft and that it was originally installed on 06-21-2006 and the new version was on 06-1-2010. So your telling me that Microsoft has had these hidden all this time? Maybe they weren't approved and if that's the case why is your program telling me I need to update some secret driver that they never put up.

It doesn't even give a driver version number to compare either.

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

Maybe you can help me with finding where to look up the latest driver for my Marvell 9123/9120 Controller. Trying to see what is the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.