Sign in with
Your question

Installation Help GA-P35C-DS3R

Last response: in Motherboards
September 22, 2007 4:32:10 AM

Hello, I just bought a GA-P35C-DS3R motherboard and I'm having lots of trouble installing Widows XP on it. I've tried 2 different Video Cards and 2 Different Hard Drives. It will always get stuck on installing devices in setup (35ish mins remaining on installation). I've tried multiple XP CDS and even a Vista CD which I don't wanna run but I had to try it.

Any Ideas? This is my first Gigabyte board and I'm fuming hehe.

More about : installation p35c ds3r

a b V Motherboard
September 22, 2007 9:32:39 AM

juzamaku said:
Hello, I just bought a GA-P35C-DS3R motherboard and I'm having lots of trouble installing Widows XP on it. I've tried 2 different Video Cards and 2 Different Hard Drives. It will always get stuck on installing devices in setup (35ish mins remaining on installation). I've tried multiple XP CDS and even a Vista CD which I don't wanna run but I had to try it.

Any Ideas? This is my first Gigabyte board and I'm fuming hehe.

In BIOS, set the RAM voltage to mfg. specs., PC6400 is 2.0-2.1v. Try loading your OS with one DIMM in slot one only and with the proper voltage required by the Mfg.
September 22, 2007 5:40:25 PM

My RAM is only 533 which might be the problem, I didn't find on the BIOS where exactly to set RAM voltage, I did find a way to send more voltage but I think I have to send less (1.8v) not more lol.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
September 22, 2007 5:43:19 PM

Increase the memory voltage a click or two in BIOS. Your system failing to load software (wind0ws OS) is a sure sign of a problem with your RAM. Try one DIMM in slot 1 only.
September 22, 2007 6:45:38 PM

Well, that didn't work, that's for the tip though. I'm gonna try to get my hands on newer RAM and see if it helps. It actually let me go past the Windows Key registration a couple of time but it keeps freezing up.
a b V Motherboard
September 22, 2007 6:52:55 PM

Try the other DIMM alone in slot 1. Rare you have two bad DIMMS.
September 22, 2007 9:05:34 PM

I got 3 diff RAM chips...It won't boot at all if there's only 1 of the 3. It just stays on the post screen. With 2 it boots ok but then locks while installing drives or finalizing the windows installation.
a b V Motherboard
September 22, 2007 9:09:03 PM

Well, it could be some other problem like your PSU, but I would increase the RAM voltage a couple of notches in BIOS and use one DIMM in slot one until I had the OS loaded and the system/chipset drivers installed.
September 24, 2007 2:11:06 AM

throwing more money at a problem, that you dont know even know the problems roots for, will only make you more frustrated when it doesn't work.

a) make sure youve followed all the setup/installation procedures for the mother board. make sure youve read the manual.

b) make sure the jumpers on hard drives and dvd/cd rom drives are set up properly.

c) make sure you do a deep format of the drive in the options before installing winxp on the hard drive.

A problem with a PSU would cause the system to just reboot like crazy as soon as you power it up... or not even turn on.

A problem with ram would cause you to not boot up at all. I find it unlikely that either these would be the problem. Especially that you get so far into the installation and then crash.

Do you have any old PCI cards plugged into the system? Or something unique and or different plugged in to the system?

Also the windows XP that you are installing is it the SP2 one or just the normal one that came out eons ago? If its the older one, there is a method - from the microsoft site- that allows you to merge the windows xp install with SP2.

The only other idea that comes to mind is problems with the hard drive. But if there were problems with the hard drive you would notice it before you actually start installing windows - youd notice it in the format of the drive. Hard to say. good luck, and check the gigabyte website.
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2007 2:16:25 AM

thegreat1 said:
throwing more money at a problem, that you dont know even know the problems roots for, will only make you more frustrated when it doesn't work.

a) make sure youve followed all the setup/installation procedures for the mother board. make sure youve read the manual.

b) make sure the jumpers on hard drives and dvd/cd rom drives are set up properly.

c) make sure you do a deep format of the drive in the options before installing winxp on the hard drive.

A problem with a PSU would cause the system to just reboot like crazy as soon as you power it up... or not even turn on.

A problem with ram would cause you to not boot up at all. I find it unlikely that either these would be the problem. Especially that you get so far into the installation and then crash.

Do you have any old PCI cards plugged into the system? Or something unique and or different plugged in to the system?

Also the windows XP that you are installing is it the SP2 one or just the normal one that came out eons ago? If its the older one, there is a method - from the microsoft site- that allows you to merge the windows xp install with SP2.

Quote:

RAM is often the cause of Windows OS failure to load. In fact, undervolted or defective RAM is often the cause of system failure when loading ANY software. I have had many systems boot with problem RAM and run memtest and show multiple errors. In addition, I have had operating systems as well as software fail to load due to faulty RAM. OP's problem is a classic case of bad RAM.
September 24, 2007 2:30:44 AM

Thats great, but you didnt read his responses. Are all of his sticks of ram defective?

"I got 3 diff RAM chips...It won't boot at all if there's only 1 of the 3. It just stays on the post screen. With 2 it boots ok but then locks while installing drives or finalizing the windows installation.
"
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2007 4:02:14 AM

How about using a memtest86 boot disk. Verify that Ram is working.
If test fails solve this problem before loading operating system. If memory passes test, then problem may be the Raid driver. Had one build that made it through the install process (XP) only to receive error message on reboot - NO OPERATION SYSTEM
September 24, 2007 4:30:53 AM

hello,

If i was in your position mate i would start with the barest system.

eg. 1 x hdd, 1 x cpu, 1 x mainboard, 1 x RAM, 1 x PSU

i think your ram is not compatible with that board in my opinion
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 20, 2009 9:00:34 PM

try switching of AHCI off in bios
January 21, 2009 10:59:54 AM

Hi i have the same motherboard and to find the section youre looking you need to unlock the hidden bios features (pressing CTRL and F1 on the main bios screen . it will then flash and you will notice extras features located in the subcatorgories, go into MTB overclocking area , scroll to the bottom of the bios page and you will see now memoryvoltage overvoltage (normal)
and the neqw added memory Underovertage (normal) (change to w/e you need .

Now that his p35 error sorted now to mine, i have a memory remap problem so to speck my pci - bus device reads that i currently have a memory conflicting address, which bsods me often ,

On the overclocking tomshardware sector they suggest to check memory remap in the bios but ive updated even to the newest and cant seem to see the feature even in the hidden bios menu -.-.

Im at a lose atm, as i had 8gb of kingston 2x2 and ended up stripping the pc down to the basics eg. 1 x sata hdd, 1 x intel cpu, 1 x gigabyte p35c-ds3r mainboard, 1 x 2gb kingston RAM stick, 1 x PSU 1xGFX CARD

I even formated all partisions on my stata2 error checked it with memtest+ windows chkdsk.cmd and they passed ok but when i reinstalled vista x 32 basic and without doing anything just going into device manager and checking in the sub-cat , system device/ PCI bus/ proerties/resources,
The problem was again clearly marked, now i chenged my gfx card @ xmas and the past card was a smaller version of what i have yet it had 1gb8500GT Superclocked this only has 320mb 8800 GTS XFX. And ive had this problem since day 1. and board is only 1month old. as i updated my pc @xmas for this gaming yrs titles.

heres my current post :-
Right atm in device manager there shows no (?) or (!) signs which oviously lead me on a wild goose chase to find the conflicting device until i eventually browsed each driver installed on the device manager sector.

Device name is as follows -

PCI bus

In its proberties i found located @

PCI bus proberties/resources

Resource settings:

Resoucre type Setting
I/O Range 0000 - 0c47
I/O Range 0D00 - FFFF
Memory Range 000A0000 - 000BFFFF
Memory Range 000C0000 - 000DFFFF
Memory Range DFF00000 - FEBFFFFF

Setting Based on: [Current configuration] (marked out wont let you select anything)

Use automatic Settings [Change setting..] (marked out wont let you select anything)

Conflicting device list:
Memory Range DFF00000 - FEBFFFFF not available.

Overclocking settings @

FSB: 250 (cant atm get it to 266 @ 3.20ghz stable as im still in the process but paused it as Fixing this problem ive had from day 1)

Memory Freq : 4.0+ (800 strapping) - @ 1000mhZ atm but memory is rated to 1066 as its kingston HiperX *i have 8gb of it but took out two stick as 32 bit dont use it all.
Memory SPD @ 6-6-6-18
PCI-E locked @ 100mhZ
Vcore voltage @ 1.325V
Memory voltage @ 2.0V
pcie (normal)
fsb (normal)
mch (normal)
PCI locked to 33Mhz

*A reply to one of the above answers - yes i strip pc right down to psu+gfx card - cd drive and mobo with 1 x2gb stick of kingston still problem is there*

*A reply to one of the above answers - In my gigabyte bios i cant not see anything relating to memory remap only a thing called support high prision timer 32bit or 64bit which i have on disabled atm as i turned it off when i turned off the parellal and serial ports tosave irqs but problem still there , only other thing i can see about memory is Execute memory protect which i turned off rebooted system and checked yet its still there -.-*

Yes i installed the driver off the website as i cannot find the disk , but some how when i was reading the chipset drivers install file it Only mentions windows xp and 98. yet the file is called windows vistax32Chipsetdrivers :?.

If any of you whom are helping me in this channel have a gigabyte board and are familier with the bios - is there a memory remap area and where located cause i cant seem to find it.

My board btw lads = GA-EP35C - DS3R

It handles ddr3 also but i installed 8gb at the start of kingston ddr2 8500 ram rated @ 1066 so i could overclock my cpu from the standard settings ,

800fsb - 1066fsb
clock host @ 12x
memory from 800 to 1066 @ 4.0~
Vcore voltage @ 1.425

Cooling:-
2 front blower 120mm fans @ 2500 rpm
2 Exshust Fans 120mm @ 2500rpm
1 side case 90mm Fan @ 2000rpm
8800 GTS 320mb Blower FAN @ 100% @ 2700rpm
Artic cooling : Extreme Freezer 7 @ 160 WATT- 2000+rpm

When i overclock to 3.0GHZ @ 250fsb and dont change voltage at all as a reveiw guide showed i get a stable overclock but cant seem to go further like other said it was opne of the easyiest to overclock to 266 all i had to do was raise the fsb to 266 with a 1.425 voltage but dont seem to go well for me as i bsod :( .
But @ 3Ghz system idles @ 15c to 20c and max loads @ 50c .
!