Computer is coming on ok but when i try to open anything on my desk its taking f

G

Hello,Having trouble with my computer it loads up & comes on ok but when i try to open anything like explorer or anything on my desk its taking a long time to open have run all aniteviruses but not bring anything up pls help thanx. colleen

G

Waht do u mean by....system specs?....sorry if i seem a bit think!!....its always sluggish to open Mozilla has taken over 5mins to open thats what its like with anything i try to open.....even longer with internet explorer.
colleen

By system specs, I mean CPU, amount and speed of RAM, hard drive...etc. If it's an OEM computer, list the model, and we can check out the specs.

After the computer has been on for a while, does it still take that long to open Mozilla or IE? Or is it just slow when you first boot into windows?

G

Its called emachines 1.80GHz.....40GB Hard Drive....... Yes hun does'nt matter how long i have puter on for it still takes long time..........Not using dialup

Open the task manager, and keep an eye on the CPU and RAM usage as you open the browser. See if they are getting close to 100% usage.

You could also try this tool to clean up your system. It can optimize your hard drive, and it has a seperate registry cleaner to clean that up.
http://www.ccleaner.com/