Sign in with
Your question

Help: Samsung 71F game initialization failure

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 22, 2007 12:48:54 AM

I'd really appreciate anyones ideas on this. Only about 40% of the games I try to run will start up when using my HDTV as a monitor.

The game menus usually will come up fine but when the game actually begins I get an error and it crashes to desktop. The error differs between games but as an example - Supreme Commander's message says "Please verify video hardware meets specifications. Please ensure video drivers are updated."

Some games run flawlessly. Company of Hero's has no problem, Medieval 2 runs fine.

I've tried different drivers (8800GTX), resolutions, color depth, etc and haven't been able to fix it. I suspect it has something to do with Windows (tried XP and Vista - dualboot) not recognizing the tv. It's just seen as a monitor type of "Plug and Play Monitor". I looked for drivers for it and haven't found any specifically for my model (Samsung 5271F)

Thanks
September 22, 2007 2:36:51 AM

Is there a way you can connect the display digitally (DVI or HDMI)? I connect my Sharp with a DVI to HDMI converter cable for a direct digital connection.
September 22, 2007 5:22:40 AM

"The error differs between games but as an example - Supreme Commander's message says "Please verify video hardware meets specifications. Please ensure video drivers are updated." "

I've had that problem and I use a normal monitor so its a problem with the game. I fixed it by deleting something... (can't exactly remember the path off the top of my head...) I would check the official forum's tech support first.
Related resources
September 22, 2007 7:28:34 AM

Good call, it didn't really sound like a monitor problem to me either.

But, I would still reccommend getting a digital connection.
September 26, 2007 3:29:15 PM

You guys rule! I uninstalled/reinstalled the games that didn't work and that did the trick.

Thank you for your help.
!