Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some tips on how to
defeat "El Gigante". I think it has something to do with the creature that pops
out of his back. I tried hitting it, but what I want to know what the proper
weapon is to defeat him and if I don't have that weapon, what is a good backup
weapon? I also would like some tips on dodging his attacks. I do notice that
you can run through his legs if he gets to close. Any tips would be
appreciated. Thanks in advance!

HalleBerryMaxFan wrote:
> I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some tips on
how to
> defeat "El Gigante". I think it has something to do with the creature
that pops
> out of his back. I tried hitting it, but what I want to know what the
proper
> weapon is to defeat him and if I don't have that weapon, what is a
good backup
> weapon? I also would like some tips on dodging his attacks. I do
notice that
> you can run through his legs if he gets to close. Any tips would be
> appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Sorry bout that mess up. Anyways try to have some flash grenades those
help to disable it but aren't absolutely necessary. Then take out
either your pistol or your SUB machine gun. I prefer the pistol
because of more power. Just try to shoot it in the face and chest
until it doubles over in pain. Once on its knees run up to it and the
climb option should appear. Do that and when you jump on it will tell
you to tap A or B to slash at las plagas. 2-3 times of this and he's
gone. Be careful not to jump the gun and start punching A when it says
B cause he will throw you down and take half your health. If you need
any other help my email is HammerT@gmail.com Hope this helps.

[...]

I sold my rifle, flash grenade, tmp amonition and all my gems for a
grenade launcher and kill him with one shot.

HalleBerryMaxFan wrote:
> I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some tips on
how to
> defeat "El Gigante". I think it has something to do with the creature
that pops
> out of his back. I tried hitting it, but what I want to know what the
proper
> weapon is to defeat him and if I don't have that weapon, what is a
good backup
> weapon? I also would like some tips on dodging his attacks. I do
notice that
> you can run through his legs if he gets to close. Any tips would be
> appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Thanks to everyone who gave me some hints. I got as far as the fight with "The
Big Cheese" beforet I decided that my guns and ammo were so depleted that I
needed to start over from the beginning and I am finding the second time around
to be easier. Plus I found out that that potato sack chainsaw massacrer is not
indestructable after all. The thing to do is not to panic when he charges you
and shoot him in the head with the shotgun 6 times and down he goes. I find
this game to be the most challenging of all the games because you really have
to think before you shoot. To make things harder, you have to choose wisely
what you buy or upgrade and you can't buy ammo through him which is a bummer
since the ammo isn't as plentiful as in previous games. Or may be it is but the
difference here may be that you can't just walk past these enemies. They will
chase you. The number of enemies has increased as well. Nowhere is that more
obvious than in the fort. I find the rifle with the scope to help in that area.
Even though going through it the second time makes it easier, I find it still
hard to conserve my ammo and I still have that fight to look foward to when it
comes up again. I got tips on how to defeat "The Big Cheese", but it sounds
like I will have to really practice those tips to defeat him. He doesn't
exactly move in predictable ways and I have trouble finding that barrel to
shoot the second time the hint tells me to do so. Oh well, that won't be coming
up for awhile. One more thing- Claire, Jill, Ada and Rebecca could use a gun.
Why not have Ashley armed with a gun? It would sure make things easier when
protecting her. Though it is convenient to have those dumpsters for her to hide
in while I clear the area. I could say more, but I don't want to reveal much
more of the plot. I will say: "Beware the mining area! Just when you think
you've cleared the area you haven't!"