Please help with APPCRASH

hi guys i hope you can help me up with this

yesterday i made a windows upgrade and ever since when i try to open a secondary hard drive Windows Explorer crashes and gives me this error code:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Application Timestamp: 49e01da5
Fault Module Name:
Fault Module Version:
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b81cf98
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000165c6
OS Version: 6.0.6002.
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 40d4
Additional Information 2: 4062ad41ec8067256aa4c5e2b56d3c79
Additional Information 3: 40d4
Additional Information 4: 4062ad41ec8067256aa4c5e2b56d3c79
3 answers Last reply
More about please appcrash
  1. 1) what type of "Upgrade" did you make?

2)Could be spyware or....... that was accidentally removed is required by another program or the operating system. is overwritten by its old version after the installation of a new program. is likely to be broken by an uncompleted installation of a program which left corrupted files and entries.

A malicious program deleted the file or an associated file without your knowledge.

A bad hard disk drive which contains corrupt data can the make the becomes unavailable.
  2. sorry i meant update.. it is set to automatic so i dont really know what it was

im doing a spyware scan with spybot S&D and afterwards will scan with AVG

i hope it works

any chance a windows restore will fix this?
  3. GO to WiIndows Update (type Windows Update in the search box and select it under programs) -- that will open the control Panel - Windows Update window - on the left hand side select view update history and see what it lists as the latest updates -- If there is a recent update to Windows Explorer it may have installed improperly - Using System restore and setting back to a time prior to the installation of the update might fix things up.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Explorer Hard Drives Windows Vista