Active software protection for plasma screen burn

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
April 6, 2005 8:15:10 PM

I've been hunting around on the net for some software which might
protect my plasma against burn. As we have a PC input which we use for
films/music etc, I'm a bit concerned that one day I'm going to fall
asleep in front of the tv and wake up to see a static image on the
screen that's been burning away all night.

I was hoping someone would have made some software which runs as a
service and just monitors the screen actively - if it notices
insufficient change in the image over a 10 minute period it would
flash the screen to black or at least invert it. Anyone have any ideas
if this is available anywhere?

Cheers
April 7, 2005 12:12:31 AM

"Dan" <dan_hud@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been hunting around on the net for some software which might
> protect my plasma against burn. As we have a PC input which we use for
> films/music etc, I'm a bit concerned that one day I'm going to fall
> asleep in front of the tv and wake up to see a static image on the
> screen that's been burning away all night.
>
> I was hoping someone would have made some software which runs as a
> service and just monitors the screen actively - if it notices
> insufficient change in the image over a 10 minute period it would
> flash the screen to black or at least invert it. Anyone have any ideas
> if this is available anywhere?
>
> Cheers

You can download it over at http://www.I Shouldn't've Got A Plasma.com.

sry ;)
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 5:06:34 AM

"Dan" <dan_hud@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been hunting around on the net for some software which might
> protect my plasma against burn. As we have a PC input which we use for
> films/music etc, I'm a bit concerned that one day I'm going to fall
> asleep in front of the tv and wake up to see a static image on the
> screen that's been burning away all night.
>
> I was hoping someone would have made some software which runs as a
> service and just monitors the screen actively - if it notices
> insufficient change in the image over a 10 minute period it would
> flash the screen to black or at least invert it. Anyone have any ideas
> if this is available anywhere?
>
> Cheers

Use a screensaver.
April 7, 2005 12:25:12 PM

"FDR" <_remove_spam_block_rzitka@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<uI%4e.7817$uw2.3112@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
> "Dan" <dan_hud@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I've been hunting around on the net for some software which might
> > protect my plasma against burn. As we have a PC input which we use for
> > films/music etc, I'm a bit concerned that one day I'm going to fall
> > asleep in front of the tv and wake up to see a static image on the
> > screen that's been burning away all night.
> >
> > I was hoping someone would have made some software which runs as a
> > service and just monitors the screen actively - if it notices
> > insufficient change in the image over a 10 minute period it would
> > flash the screen to black or at least invert it. Anyone have any ideas
> > if this is available anywhere?
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Use a screensaver.

perhaps I should have explained it better... screensavers wont kick in
if Media Player or a visualisation is in full screen... any way to
over ride this?
!