Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Acer administrator password/ don't have recovery disk

Last response: in Windows XP
February 26, 2010 5:50:58 PM

Hello,

I'm new here. I bought an Acer Laptop from walmart a white one... I've created two accounts one for my son and one for me, mine had a password on it... I decided to delete his account, so when I did that the next day I couldn't get on my Yahoo IM, AIM, or MSN... I can't even De fragment my laptop at all or download software because I don't have an Administrator password? I don't have a recovery disk because it didn't come with it.

I've tried the F8 safe mode, password etc, now I can put my password and get into my desktop but once I click on yahoo IM, I get a message saying that I don't have administrator privileges, please have administrator equivalent install yahoo messenger on system... so what I have to do is install it every time to get on it.

Please someone help me

Thank You so much and sorry for the trouble.
February 26, 2010 10:10:20 PM

Hi

Thx for the response... Yes sir, I can get into my user account... take my password off or change it. My son's user account was on my computer his only 7 years old, I was trying to make him feel good about having his own account but I didn't put a password on it... so when I deleted that's when the administrator pw happened.

I will do what you wrote about the system restore and see what happens.
Once again, thank you so much.

Tricia
Score
February 26, 2010 10:48:39 PM

Hello again,

I did the system restore but unfortunately, a message came on saying that I don't have sufficient security privileges to restore my system, please contact any administrator or log in as an administrator? I'm sorry for the trouble, but I'm not really sure about things like this when it comes to fixing my pc. thank you for your time.

Tricia
Score
Related resources
April 13, 2010 5:15:38 PM

Ok, I have a way to get your passwords, go ahead and download http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download.php?type=livec...

After you have burned the Live CD (Burn the ISO using Alcohol 52%) put it in your drive and boot from it, use the GUI mode

Give it about 15 minuets and it will pop up with all user account passwords

Now reboot (after you remove the disc) and tap the F8 key until a selection screen pops up, select safe mode, log onto the administrator account with the password you just got.

Go to start>> Control Panel>> User Accounts>> (your other account)>> Change the account type>> Administrative Account>> Submit

Reboot into normal mode

Good Luck :D 
Score
April 13, 2010 11:37:39 PM

Wurd-of-the-Nerd said:
Ok, I have a way to get your passwords, go ahead and download http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download.php?type=livec...

After you have burned the Live CD (Burn the ISO using Alcohol 52%) put it in your drive and boot from it, use the GUI mode

Now reboot (after you remove the disc) and tap the F8 key until a selection screen pops up, select safe mode, log onto the administrator account with the password you just got.

Go to start>> Control Panel>> User Accounts>> (your other account)>> Change the account type>> Administrative Account>> Submit

Reboot into normal mode

I should point out that this should not be used on any computer but those that you own and administer.
Score
April 15, 2010 6:47:45 AM

TRY command prompt about password reset trick

1. Log in with any valid account.

2. Bring up the command prompt.

Type: net user

You get a list of accounts

Type: net user Administrator *

Type: net user (any account on that list) *

3. It prompts for a password. Enter one, then enter it again when prompted to confirm.

Now, try to log on as 'Administrator' with your new password. *

Please note that this might not work on a LIMITED account .

resource: Windows Password Recovery for free
Score
April 16, 2010 12:42:42 AM

I think that you should back up all your data and perform a System Recovery. This will straighten out everything completely, with no lingering corruption hidden away somewhere.
Score
May 16, 2012 10:39:12 PM

Hi Wurd-of-the-Nerd,
I don't know if this would still work today, but I downloaded ophcrack from your link onto a usb drive. I'm not very computer literate so can you explain the steps for me.
When I turn on the emachine, I pressed F8 until a black screen came up and there were a list of different options. If I press Safe Mode it takes me to the log in screen. Then What?
I have the USB drive in, how do I boot or get Ophcrack started.
What is GUI Mode?
Please Help.
Thanks, C

Wurd-of-the-Nerd said:

Reboot into normal mode

Score
!