Sign in with
Your question

Name Brands

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 23, 2007 12:34:13 PM

Which is the best name brand to get?? I have a evga 7600gt now and Im looking to upgrade, but there are so many names to choose from... evga, pny, asus, biostar, msi, leadtek, xfx, etc... Is there a stand out brand or they all about the same?

More about : brands

a c 169 U Graphics card
September 23, 2007 12:41:26 PM

EVGA,XFX,BFG,ASUS are very good brands
a b U Graphics card
September 23, 2007 1:05:22 PM

2nd maziar's statement!
Related resources
September 23, 2007 1:57:00 PM

I've only ever had good cards from XFX
although largely the only difference between them will be warranties and any bundled games/software, occasionally they OC it for you and/or put a better cooler on it, but that raises the price usually (in fact so does any of the above things, now that I think about what I said)
September 23, 2007 3:05:22 PM

spuddyt said:
I've only ever had good cards from XFX
although largely the only difference between them will be warranties and any bundled games/software, occasionally they OC it for you and/or put a better cooler on it, but that raises the price usually (in fact so does any of the above things, now that I think about what I said)

Partial to XFX myself. If you live in the US, you get a Lifetime / Transferable warranty whcih includes death by overclocking.
September 23, 2007 5:25:29 PM

I just go with the cheapest model (unless they are undercloked or have differenct coolers) usually, but the biggest brands are usually roughly the same price with new cards such as the 8800s and 2900s.

My XFX 7600gt was in the bargin bin on scan.co.uk, and it OCs well and never had a problem with it. The lifetime warrenty is also nice.

But I've also seen that cheaper 8800s from Palit OC just as well as XFX and EVGA ones, they just dont have as many extras.
September 24, 2007 12:18:11 AM

For some reason, I just can't bring myself to trust Evga. But then again I never owned one of their cards :/  I don't have the right to say that anyways. I really like BFG's cards, great. solid, and EXPENSIVE. If there is like a mail-in-rebate or something, I'd get BFG over my next favorite:XFX.
!