RE4: Harder and Harder

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Just when I think I have faced my toughest challenge. Another one comes that is
even tougher. First, "El Gigante", then the fortified fortress, then "The Big
Cheese", and now there is a place that, after reading the walkthrough, seems
impossible to pull off. It is the area after facing all those flying creatures,
switching the two switches, and getting through the falling blocks. I get the
artifact and then take the ride up to the surface and I am then going along
pretty good. I open the door to another underground Egyptian looking place and
take care of the villagers when I hear the dreaded chainsaw start up. I learn
in the walkthrough that there are not just one, but two chainsaw villagers in
the room and what's worse is when you enter that room, not only will you have
to deal with the twin chainsaw massacres, but a hoard of villagers will join
the fight against you. The walkthrough says to keep the chainsaw villagers
knocked down and when they are knocked down, it tells you to run up to the
second floor to fight them that way. While your doing that you got to keep the
ladder knocked down while fighting the villagers and the chainsaws! How
impossible is that! Someone tell me if they know an easier way to get through
that area? It's starting to sound like the fortified fortress all over again!
At least you had Luis to back you up at the fortified fortress and there were
no chainsaws there. HELP! Thanks.

Wulf

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005
Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Here's how I did it. First, snipe as many creeps as you can from your
high vantage point. Then go to the far end of that high place and aim
in through the window of the upper level of that 'house'. Whenever
chainsaw dude passes in front of the window, go for a head shot. He'll
keep getting back up, of course, but he'll stay in that room and
continue to move back and forth, so just keep shooting him, until he
doesn't get up anymore. Make sure you keep an ear out for any stray
villagers you may have missed, trying to sneak up on your position. Now
you've taken care of one of them from a safe distance. Arm your pistol
and slowly go around shooting the beartraps all over, so you don't have
to worry about them. Then climb the ladder to the second story of the
'house', knock down the ladder, and grab the key item. When chainsaw
dude and his pals start coming after you, just keep blasting 'em with
your shotgun. At least now you only have one to deal with!

HalleBerryMaxFan wrote:
> Just when I think I have faced my toughest challenge. Another one comes that is
> even tougher. First, "El Gigante", then the fortified fortress, then "The Big
> Cheese", and now there is a place that, after reading the walkthrough, seems
> impossible to pull off. It is the area after facing all those flying creatures,
> switching the two switches, and getting through the falling blocks. I get the
> artifact and then take the ride up to the surface and I am then going along
> pretty good. I open the door to another underground Egyptian looking place and
> take care of the villagers when I hear the dreaded chainsaw start up. I learn
> in the walkthrough that there are not just one, but two chainsaw villagers in
> the room and what's worse is when you enter that room, not only will you have
> to deal with the twin chainsaw massacres, but a hoard of villagers will join
> the fight against you. The walkthrough says to keep the chainsaw villagers
> knocked down and when they are knocked down, it tells you to run up to the
> second floor to fight them that way. While your doing that you got to keep the
> ladder knocked down while fighting the villagers and the chainsaws! How
> impossible is that! Someone tell me if they know an easier way to get through
> that area? It's starting to sound like the fortified fortress all over again!
> At least you had Luis to back you up at the fortified fortress and there were
> no chainsaws there. HELP! Thanks.

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Dude here my plan, and it works:

As soon as you walk into the room, (if we are talking about the
same place, it pught to look like a maze built under ground) don't move.
Take out your semi-automatic rifle. Pick off every villager in site
starting from the villager nearest to you. This will help stall any
potential ambush, if done right there shouldn't be any ambush. Switch
to your Riot gun. Walk to your left go down the steps, turn a quick
right, then proceed down those steps. This should go without saying
but, pick up any items the villagers have dropped. Proceed walking
straight as per previous instuctions. There should be a door to your
left. Kick it open and introduce this chainsaw happy fella to a taste
of riot gun. Do your 180 spin move and haul ass back toward the door
you entered from. The door (the one you kicked open and fired one shot
into)should hold the villagers and the chainsaw men back for a moment.
You will run past the door you entered from on your right to a slighly
elevated dead end. Turn, reload, Wait till they get some what close
and start firing. If you run out of shells, switch to your TMP. I
Prefer not to try reloading around nut jobs with burlap sacks over here
heads weilding chainsaws. If the second guy with a chainsaw does not
come out of the second floor you'll have to fight him up there.
Remember always reload all weapons when you have free moment. I know it
works.

Joe Vig