Sign in with
Your question

ASUS P5K Deluxe will not recognize SATA RAID drive

Last response: in Storage
February 2, 2008 2:59:50 PM

I have just completed building a new computer with an ASUS P5K Deluxe WiFi board. I fired it up and no “beeps” to tell me if the video card, or keyboard, or memory, or any if there are any hardware conflicts. So far, so good. I get the initial screen to read the memory, the CPU, the mouse and the drives, but no hard drive. I have one EIDE CD Rom player installed, so I can install windows XP Pro and one SATA Western Digital WD5000YS RE2 RAID hard drive. When I go into BIOS it recognizes the CD ROM, but not the hard drive. The only reason why I am using this RAID drive is because I got such a good deal on it, but if it will not work on my system, I will get another drive. Is there something I am doing wrong, or should I get another hard drive? If I get another hard drive, should it be EIDE or SATA?
February 2, 2008 8:35:59 PM

If you're not running RAId, make sure RAID is turned off in the BIOS. If it's not the BIOS settings, try a different mobo connector, some boards designate one or more connectors for RAID and BIOS settings have to be changed but these boards also have none RAID connectors. That drive should work, doesn't require you set up RAID
!