Problems with windows programs

madmanramsfan

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
been having some problems on laptop with these issues..just wondering if any one else has had simular problems or might have some solutions..now have tried some advice already..ran..malware bites..tdss killer, webroot, but could not run combofix due to fact had instaqlled avg..and system won't let me install combo fix once ave antivirus has been installed in system..took it off and still not able to run combo fix..so let me give brief desctiption of problems still having any help would do..thanks..:

problem 1:when attempt to open up certain programs such
as system restore, device manager, volume control
icon, or other simular devices, recieve the these
working correctly, windows will close this program
and notify you if a solution is available."
" The extended attributes are inconsisted,this file
does not have a program associated with it for
performing this action,create a association in the
set association control panel."

problem 2:shows icon on taskbar that reads " Windows has blocked
some start up programs." ,
start up programs take at least 2 minutes or more to finish
and sometimes around same time when shut down.

well any tech help on this issue would be a great help..I am all out of solutions..on my end..thanks

When you try to run ComboFix, you need to right click it and go to RunAs Administrator otherwise Vista won't allow it to run. HAae you tried that?

On the exe file associations problems, go to http://www.dougknox.com and hit the Windows XP Fixes button then the File Association Fixes button and download Doug's Registry fix for .exe files. It will modify your Registry but is quite safe and despite being described as XP, will work in Vista.

As to startup prorammes, press Windows key and R togethyer and in the Open box, type msconfig then press Enter. Take the programmes Vista doesn't like out of the list under the StartUp tab, click Apply and Ok your way out. After the restart, tick "Don't show this message again" and hit Enter.

madmanramsfan

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009

thanks for your advice..but still having issues..seems once my start up programs are done..that's when I cant' get into some programs or download anyathing..now did put my startup programs like you suggested..but like I said still having same issues with programs..