Need tips tweaking OC on e4500

tsponholz

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
Hello,

I just finished putting together my new system (in sig) and need some tips on tweaking OC.

I have it currently running stable at 9x333, but was wondering if there was a way to better optimize my settings:
1) How does the modifier affect the OC? Am I better to run at 10x300 or come up with an 8x setting or stick with my current settings?
2) Ram currently runs at 800MHz 4-4-4-12 2T (5:3 I think I hate Gigabyte's bios for ram settings): should I look to set a 1:1 ratio or does it really matter?
3) Currently the e4500 temps seem to peak at 72 degrees but average 65-68 at load (based on SpeedFan while running Prime95 torture test). Is this too hot? It seems to be stable.
4) Currently using "Auto" voltage setting on the MB, should I try to tweak these lower? Will that help much with heat?
5) Does anyone know how to set RAM to 1T on a Gigabyte P35 board? I don't think it can be done, but I thought I'd ask.

Answers to these questions and any other suggestions are welcome.

My target OC is 3.0GHz, RAM 800MHz and running stable, but if it's realistic to push a bit more I'll do it. I haven't used it in "real" applications and probably won't until I am certain I have a stable setting. Plans are to dual boot OS X, so I don't want to start putting anything my system that I am not afraid of losing.

Thanks in advance for the help.

start_seed78

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
hi there...
i have an E4500 to, i must say i work in the mobo oc jumpers, and i overclock from there...
would be much for oyou to set your memories at higher voltage, improving the speed, and from multipliers, but be aware, because every little slighly jitter in the volage of the cpu being wrong, will cause your overclocking to fail, my dear friend...
the point being is as follows:
set the multipliers on 300, per 1:1 ratio, and take it from there, if it works, it means it can be overclock more, if not, set to a slower dram ratio, like 1:2, and work there in memories timming, or the cpu multipliers.
the secret is that if you have a mobo which is 1066 supporting, and have Extreme memories, than is good to work from both, if the fsb is 800, tna you are forced to work only in memories.
though, a bit complicate it, but it worth trying...
star_seed78-at-yahoo-dot-com

start_seed78

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
and by the way, i can see it clearly that you want it to have muscle, but for that i recommend the Q9550, and if you can buy it, it's worth every penny you invest in it...
i think that cpu si one of the best in teh world put for us at descretion on teh market... except the .... u know what i mean...
anyway, both ways to contact me, or to reply are availavble, so please, if any questuions are upcoming, i would look forward to reply...