CPU-cooler for my m-atx

Dhack

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
Which CPU cooler should i choose for my e6600?

I have a m-atx case so my cooler cant be higher than 11 centimeters.

I was wondering about the asus silent knight but have gotten really unsure about the height :S someone who knows the exact height?

Dhack

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
I saw a picture of the Cooler side by side with a 9500 :p and the silent knight were taller.... there are also some numbers which arent adding up :p

Fandiameter 92 mm
Fanhight 25 mm
This is = 11,7 :p so im really unsure

I think I am going to my local store and ask if i can measure their silent knight :p if It is over 11 CM i think i am going for Zalman CNPS8000 :p Does anyone think that i should pick another cooler that that one?

Dhack

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
I just figured out that the asus silent knight is 15 CM tall :(

I think asus should have written that in their prodict description!!!!! :mad:

I bought a cnps8000 instead!

Dhack

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
I see that there is a 3 pins connection on this one :S Is this a problem if i have a 4 pin om my motherboard?

Dhack

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
have seen the movie :p was actually watching it right now xD ill get the cnps tomorrow :D Ill hope it is able to drive my e6600 stable at 3 Ghz :p I have a M-atx so the stock cooler doesnt make it :p

I use the 8000 on a micro build with a Pentium D 925. I had a pentium D 805 on there and overclocked it from 2.66 to 3.4. I used the XQpack micro case and the 8000 fits perfect with room to spare. I have the Superfly (whatever) build too. This fan would work perfect with that case too. It's very low profile. The Zalman fan is powerful and does a better job cooling than the stock 775 HSF.

edit: Microfly build too. 8)

Dhack

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
Hehe I'm really looking forward to install it tomorrow :D I was actually going to get it today :p but the computer store **** up :mad: hehe

But if I am going to connect the 8000 to my motherboard fan connection, wouldnt it react on that I dont have anyy CPU fans installed? :S

Dhack

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
hehe have a thermaltake Lan box lite ^^

have 2*60cm exhaust fans in the back :p but i may need to replace them to fit the 800 ^^ Im pretty sure that it will fit without needing to replace them but not 100% :D

Your welcome. It's a great hsf for a micro build. I am very pleased with it. 8)

Zalman corp. is near me. I have stopped by there and the service department insisted on giving me FREE replacement parts when I inquired. No charge for mounting kits.

Dhack

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
I just managed to install my cnps xD omg I managed to make so many mistakes that it took 3 hours XD

first. I put the power switch on the wrong place.

Second: The powerswitch fell of when i pushed the motherboard tray in :p

Thrird : I put the wrong end of the modular cable in the wrong spot :p Got a really High tone here xD ;P

Havent tested it fully jet but i think it was a little to noisy on the highest level