Windows won't start up

I spent all day overclocking my q6600 up to 3.2 yesterday on an Abit P35 Pro (going in increments of 6-10), stress testing between every 100mhz for about an hour at a time. After stress testing my fsb at 340 for 2 hours and not going over 49 C, I decided I'll just get to 355 and be done with it. I loaded it up at 355 last night and stress tested it and everything was stable. I was awake for the first hour and everything was fine, the highest temperature was 51 C, so I decided to keep letting it test overnight while i slept.

I woke up this morning and my computer had crashed, so i went back to the bios and put everything back at where they were last stable and windows starts to load (I get past the Windows XP 64-bit edition loading screen), but immediately after that screen finishes the monitor flashes blue (with some writing that I dont have enough time to read towards the top), and crashes. I go back into bios and set everything to default and it continues to happen. I adjusted the voltages up, but that also didn't do anything.

Does anybody have any ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about windows start
  1. Corrupted data on the drive? Try repair from the Windows CD.
    PSU alright? Check the voltages in the BIOS.
    Or maybe something fried.. CPU/mem/MB. (ablated electron pathway)
    You naughty, naughty overclocker you!
    Replace components, one at a time, to diagnose such a problem.
  2. Ok, I have everything unassembled. Would I be able to tell if something were fried just by looking at it?
  3. Sometimes.. but not always. There might be a burned electronics type smell to it, or burn marks. Silicon sometimes just looks a different shade of gray where it is toasted.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking