Can someone help me find a discontinued mobo?

needhelpnoobie

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
I'd like to buy an Asus A7V600-X motherboard. The only one I can find is on eBay and doesn't end for 5 days, and comes with a process/ram which I don't particularly want or need.

Doe anyone happen to have a functional model of this board forsale? Or know where I can get one soon?

Thanks for any help.

Does it have to be the exact board? You could get a board with the same chipset or even get a board with a different chipset that supports all of your components.

There's quite a number of motherboards on eBay with the KT600 chipset that offer Buy-It-Now or end sooner than 5 days.

needhelpnoobie

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
Dude thats been discontinued for years, your not gonna find one. Why one earth would you buy one let alone with a processor and ram???

Duhh thanks captain obvious. Why do you think I asked for help finding a discontinued motherboard? So you could tell me it's discontinued? And who said I wanted to buy one with a processor and ram? Can you read? I said I'd rather not buy the "one" I found on eBay that includes a processor and ram that I don't need.

So thanks for all of your help, and yes I want this 45 seconds of my life back.

needhelpnoobie

Distinguished
May 29, 2006

I'd prefer to find one of this board. A few years ago I built a JagCF development system that works with this board and even has the socket A/Sata/AGP slot measured to the mm I can just plug it in and go.

I could work off another board but would mean I'd have to modify my setup and I thought I'd take a shot at finding this board first would save me a lot of time.

An a7v600 would also work.

needhelpnoobie

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
yahoo.net?

I don't think this website is even remotely legit, maybe I'm wrong. The copyright stops in 2004 also.

Thanks though. I'll see if I can find some reviews about the site maybe.

Newegg just posted a chaintech board (open box about $36) with nforce2 chipset, which is superior to any via chipset. I've had no trouble getting windows to load in safe mode when going from via to nforce boards. You can load the board drivers in safe mode, and reboot and let windows reinstall your device drivers. It may be sold out by the time you read this.

onestar

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
I had the A7V-600 -x until just recently. Less than three weeks actually. It was a nice board and I never had any trouble with it.
I had purchased a few of them, so I thought I might still have one in my server machines, but no.

Sorry man, I know what it's like when you need a particular component and everybody that responds is from mars or something.

Computer geeks has a refurbished asrock kt600 socket a board for about $30. Asrock is owned by asus, and the bios' are very similar. It may be the closest you can get to your original board without spending too much. I have 2 asrock boards.