mrmark27

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2007
i've noticed that most of the better motherboards are no longer equiping on-board video. is this something recent or just something I never noticed before? Also, anyone know why they are doing this? Never really used the on-board video but was always nice as a backup incase something happened to the video card or just wanted to check it out to see if a problem was with the vid card or somewhere else

Ananan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I had no idea, so I checked a few high $ mobos and you're absolutely right.

I guess they assume anyone spending that much coin for a mobo has at least one spare GPU lying around. The space is obviously better spent on other things.

airoh69

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007
Well on High $ mobos i would say that an integrated gfx cards is not equiped cause of the problems they create on extreme ocing in some cases.

megame255

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
It's been that way for quite awhile. If you're going to spend a lot of cash on a mobo, you probably wouldn't be looking to make shortcuts on other things. A cheap add on video card will boost performance for those that care, even if the system will never be used for gaming. Also, most high-end mobos nowadays have 2 PCI-X slots and I doubt you'd ever see that on a board that also has an integraded gpu.