Removing far-east keyboards

I have a problem with keyboards on WinXP (SP2). I have English, Slovene,
and Sanskrit installed.

Somehow, I don't remember exactly how, four far-east keyboards also
installed themselves: Chinese, Taiwan, Japanese, Korean.

I would like to remove them, but if I do that, after some time, they
install themselves again... How to remove them permanently?

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about removing east keyboards

    Start | Run | Type: intl.cpl | Click OK |
    Languages tab | UNCheck Install files for East Asian Languges |
    Apply | OK

    [[Enables you to install the language files for those languages that are not
    installed on Windows XP by default. (Most languages are already installed.)
    Installing the language files enables you to enter and display text in these
    languages.

    Select Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages to
    install the language files for Arabic, Armenian, Georgian, Hebrew, the Indic
    languages, Thai, and Vietnamese.

    Select Install files for East Asian languages to install the language files
    for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. Input Method Editors (IMEs) are also
    installed for each of the three languages.

    It is recommended that you install the files only if you need them. The East
    Asian files require about 230 megabytes of hard disk space. The complex
    script and right-to-left languages do not use much disk space, but
    installing either set of files might cause some slowdown in performance when
    entering text.

    You must be an administrator on this computer to install these additional
    languages. Once installed, the languages are available to all users on this
    computer.]]

    Start | Run | Type: intl.cpl | Click OK |
    Languages tab | Details button | Highlight what you want to remove |
    Delete button | Repeat for all items that you want to remove | Apply | OK |
    Apply | OK

    Delete button
    [[Click to delete the selected language or text service from the list. The
    deleted option will no longer be loaded into memory when you start or log on
    to your computer.]]

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:0tfze.199$cE1.39808@news.siol.net,
    Nik <nikolaj.korbar@bla.si> hunted and pecked:

    Wesley Vogel wrote:

    > Select Install files for East Asian languages to install the language files
    > for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. Input Method Editors (IMEs) are also
    > installed for each of the three languages.

    Must I do that? Isn't there some way to tell to OS to stop installing
    the keyboard without removing the languages? (Well, if nothing else
    works, I will remove them...) Disk is no problem.

    > It is recommended that you install the files only if you need them. The East
    > Asian files require about 230 megabytes of hard disk space. The complex
    > script and right-to-left languages do not use much disk space, but
    > installing either set of files might cause some slowdown in performance when
    > entering text.
    >
    > Start | Run | Type: intl.cpl | Click OK |
    > Languages tab | Details button | Highlight what you want to remove |
    > Delete button | Repeat for all items that you want to remove | Apply | OK |
    > Apply | OK

    This is the part that doesn't work. Actually it works, but after some
    time, few hours or so, the keyboards are again in the taskbar...

    Nik

    Each language has a default keyboard layout.

    I honestly don't know, this is a guess...
    Since you have East Asian languages installed, the keyboard layouts get
    installed also.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:2Ofze.200$cE1.39657@news.siol.net,

    Wesley Vogel wrote:
    > Each language has a default keyboard layout.
    >
    > I honestly don't know, this is a guess...
    > Since you have East Asian languages installed, the keyboard layouts get
    > installed also.

    But is strange. I also have many other languages installed (all of them
    a guess: european, indic, middle east, etc...) but those keyboards don't
    appear in the taskbar.

    Well, I removed East-Asian languages. It's ok - those layout are gone.
    Thanks

    Nik

Microsoft Keyboards Windows XP