Gemin II CPU Cooler

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
I own one, and frankly it's not too bad. In a 85F room, I am getting around 38-42 degrees C on my q6600 at 2.7GHZ VID at 2.6500. Running orthos on all for cores for 6 hours gave me temps around 55 to 60 C. Considering I got it for 18.99, it ain't too bad...it's the 2 fans that really determines it all.

T8RR8R

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
If you factor in how much the coolers are that out perform such a device you'll find that it's not all that bad. In fact if you're going for a certain look(red,blue,green,dark) it'll probably suit your needs just find. However don't expect to be pushing your OC as far as you could with a 9700, a Tuniq Tower, AC7 pro, water cooling or TEC of some sort. I will also say that it's much better than the stock cooler and even the ones listed before because it cools alot more than JUST the CPU, PWM, RAM, NB, and in some cases the GPU too.

JonP07

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
I bought one but I have yet to install it. I have a Gigabyte K8Triton board, 4GB Ram, AMD 3500+64 mounted in a Cooler Master CMStacker and a 120mm fan in the front and rear, 1 400W PS and 1 600W PS (1 for the system, 1 for the fans) and a cross flow fan mounted on the side of the case. At around 80°-83° This system stays pretty warm and keeps the room a little too warm when the PC is on. The 120mm fans I have for this GeminII are rated at 110CFM at full speed. I may have to do with just one power supply to get this cooler to fit since there is just too many wires going in all different directions in the case. I just want to cool down this PC because I'm tired of sweating like a horse just to use it which is why I have another one I use more often. oh and I'm not in it for the looks, no one comes in my computer room anyways.

akhilles

Splendid
Depends. If you come from a top end air cooler, not really. From the stock, def.

I've been using one for months. Love it. It's a bit behind some cheap watercooling kits in terms of cooling, minus the maintenance & cost. I have always hit over 3ghz on the few c2d cpus I've tried. You must have a mid to full tower case to install it, & remove the mobo prior to install.

bobbknight

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
Meh, get an Arctic Freezer 7 Pro for about 25 bucks, it already comes with the fan and will probably fit in your case better.

It has the same spec for cooling, .17 C/W

With hardware monitoring in bios my Q6600 clocked to the speed of a Q6800 runs a temp of a solid 30 Degrees Centigrade with ambient at 22.2c