E6750 w/ Crucial DDR2 1066 - Need help w/ Mobo

Hey everybody,
i'm building a computer with the C2D E6750 CPU. i already have a set of 2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 1066 sticks and want to use them in my setup. i'm having trouble choosing a motherboard because its my first build and im not sure how it all works. i was thinking about getting the Gigabyte P35-DS3L because i dont need all the extra features of better boards. will this board work with my setup? if not, will it work with a E6600? please let me know. i would hate to finish my build and then find out it doesnt work.

thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about e6750 crucial ddr2 1066 mobo
  1. P35 DS3L supports both E6600 and E6750
  2. That memory is not on the approved list for the DS3L. It might work, it's just not guaranteed. I think it's worth trying anyway, that's a very good mobo.

http://www.giga-byte.com/FileList/MemorySupport/motherboard_memory_ga-p35-ds3l_1.0.pdf
  3. thanks a lot.. yea i know its not on the approved list from gigabyte but crucial says itll work.. so ill give it a shot.. thanks guys
  4. to aevm , there are tons of memorys which arent in the motherboards support list , but the motherboard supports them , like mine, REAPER isnt in P5K-E supported RAMs but it works flawlessly

Dont worry , that Crucial will work with no probs
  5. just what i wanted to hear.. unfortunately gigabyte said they suggest using RAM under 2.0v and mine is 2.2v.. but hopefully that wont be a problem
  6. Ballistix works well with abit's IP35 series mobos
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards DDR2 Crucial