Sign in with
Your question

What wireless adapter (PCI-E or USB) would you recommend?

Tags:
  • USB
  • Wireless Adapter
  • PCI Express
  • Wireless Networking
  • Product
Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 26, 2009 9:06:54 PM

So I just built my computer, and now I need a card/USB wireless adapter. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for one? I need one that I can play online games with (such as WoW/AoC) without getting dropped, and browse the internet (but I'm pretty sure if it won't drop me in games, it will be fine with browsing, haha). Right now, money isn't an issue, but eventually I will narrow it down to a price. I would prefer a USB one over a card, but either is fine. Thanks in advance!

More about : wireless adapter pci usb recommend

January 28, 2009 7:59:00 PM

if your not worried about opening up your machine id probably go for a pci card over a usb purely for stability and performance, plus the aerials are better.

if you dont like the idea of fiddling around inside your machine then usb is the winner.
Anonymous
February 9, 2009 11:33:48 AM

johnb0118 said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I got this one from newegg. It was 15 bucks and works like a charm and has a good range. Works in xp and vista. Can't go wrong.

It'll probably perform just as well as a well known brand. I normally go for Netgear but was tempted by a used Dynamode wireless adapter at a flea market for about $5. It works well and I even like the quaint looking user interface. Surprisingly, there's even a basic support site.

Usually the difference between little known brands and the big brands is with support -- 12 months down the line, will there be a driver for Windows 7 and any firmware updates ?
!