I accidentaly deleted my NTFS IDE partition :( HELP!

keplenk

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2007
Hi all,

I accidentaly/STUPIDLY!!! deleted my NTFS IDE partition.

This all happened when I was trying to install Windows XP in my system. I forgot that I had 2 hard drives attached.

When I booted to Windows XP cd .. after the esc, F8, etc .. I saw the partitioning part. I was so used of pressing "d" then "L" then enter ..

Then suddenly my sweat turned cold and got goose bumps after finding out that I deleted my other hard drive!

But I did NOT format the hdd. I turned off the PC immediately, unplugged my IDE hdd, booted back to Windows XP cd, installed it this time to the freagin right sata hdd.

It was supposedly my SATA hdd.

Now, to make matter worst, I tried booting from Hiren .. loaded Active Partition recovery .. highlighted Unallocated space and did a scan for lost partitions. It did not find any!!

I also tried the Windows version of Active Partition and right now, Im trying other Partition recovery programs.

If Active Partition did not find any partition, does this mean its lost forever?

Ok, when I searched for programs that does recovery, they mention recover "formatted NTFS"

Should I format this hard drive and try to run Active@ (sounds stupid but I'm really getting desperate)

Please help :(

jackieboy

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
Your screwed....I did the same thing once too so don't feel bad....I lost a LOT of information and was pissed for several days

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Absolutely do not format it will only make matters worse. You can try some programs to recover the files, or send it to the pros. OO unerase or programs like that.

keplenk

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2007
Hey guys,

Thanks for your reply.

I think I got good news! :D I used Ontrack EasyRecovery Professional 6.4V and it seems its doing it! But I cant be sure yet since im only at 33% restore right now. So far so good :D For some reason, the newer version of Ontrack .. crashes! So i used the older version.

If this fails (hope not), ill try to use restorer 2000 Pro.

Ontrack is a good program :D

Thanks for your help!

keplenk

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2007
WHen I booted Hiren, there are many Partition Recovery programs there. However, only one of them worked and that was Ontrack version 3.0 (DOS based) .. it detects all my files BUT It doesnt detect my other hard drive (destination drive). I had to install Windows on my other hard drive and install the Windows Based Ontrack to make it work. I finished restoring and its 100% working! :D So far ontrack made my day :D

Thanks for the other input :)

flems

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
hey, got the same problem as above...
I recently formatted the wrong partition and thought i had eventually lost my data.
I tried restore 2000 pro and it saved (mistakenly on the same partition) but couldn't retrieve the files as they were written in the unix side, I honestly just think....
I deleted all this and lost hope that i can ever get the missing data....
Then i discovered the biggest and best secret of testdisk which would have helped me but cant locate the files as well...
Any opinions on how i can get the data back ????

G

I came across the same problem which caused my access file lost where all data in tables was stored and i could not get out of it for few days then i just googled for some access file repair softwares which came out with lots of sites which might help you out in getting my all data back.

cora

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Hello,

Last month I have also faced similar problem, since all the data present in my Mac hard drive is very important therefore in order to recover the damaged data I searched in different website and finally found one useful software to restore deleted data safely.

In order to recover the damaged data present in Mac partitions you need to make use of free partition recovery software tool. This application makes use of advanced scanning tool in order to search for recoverable data and then it restores them back safely. It worked for me you can try it.
:ouch: :eek: :cry: :hello:

aslamkhan_11

Distinguished
May 20, 2011

what u did to get ur partition back???

aslamkhan_11

Distinguished
May 20, 2011

what u did to get ur partition back???