Can only boot after bios reset

kill_em_all

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
After fixing the hdd issue with my asus p5w DH deluxe I now have a other problem. When I came home from school my whole pc didnt do anything anymore (it was still on, everything spinning, but the screen was black). After resetting I still got the black screen, no booting or anything. I resetted the bios and then it boots into windows. But if I shutdown, restart or config and save the bios it wont boot anymore and I will just get the black screen again and have to reset the bios again to get things working.

All the hardware is working fine as far as I can tell, at the moment the only problem is I have to reset the bios everytime. Does anybody knows what could be wong? it worked the other day, but not since I came back from school.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
When you say reset the BIOS are you clearing the CMOS or resetting it in the BIOS? If you haven't cleared the CMOS, try that. How to should be in the mobo manual

SavageCore

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
I have the same problem. After clearing CMOS I can boot windows, but if I make anychanges or reboot I can't. Also the CMOS checksum fails or something like that and I have to press F1 to continue.

Once booted the PC is stable and ran Crysis on high for hours.

SavageCore

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
Okay, thanks I will check the CMOS battery.

Sorry for the late reply but with my system running a-ok until I reboot I post-poned doing this and forgot tbh until windows want a reboot.