which do u think was the......

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

which game out of the series was the best besides re4

starskiller wrote:
> which game out of the series was the best besides re4

RE3 by far. It had a superior game engine. The dodging feature was
wonderful, and the idea of combining ammo to make custom rounds was
really cool. I'm surprised that they dropped that and went back to the
old engine for Code Veronica X. Of course, Veronica cuold have been in
the works before RE3 (I'm not really sure of the development timeline),
so I can't say why they never continued those features.

-Jason

starskiller wrote:

> which game out of the series was the best besides re4

RE2 by far. It had a superior game engine. The graphics were
wonderful, and the idea of shooting everything was
really cool.

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

In message <1109966566.014964.3480@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>
marlaque@hotmail.com wrote:

> RE3 by far. It had a superior game engine.

Code Veronica was originally going to be RE3, apparently it was
supposed to be a PS1 game. I remember seeing really early screenshots
that were PS1 polygon-esque.

Cheers,
Rob

"starskiller" <wingzero39.chris@gmail.com> wrote in message
> which game out of the series was the best besides re4

RE4 hasn't been released here yet so I'm still sceptical about it being
good, however, to answer your question: the original Resident Evil was the
best in my opinion, great atmosphere, great story, lots of replayability.
Sure nowadays it might feel kind of weird with the old style controls (no
auto aim, no quick turn) and the graphics and voice acting are pretty bad
but I love this game to death.

Rob White wrote:
> In message <1109966566.014964.3480@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>
> marlaque@hotmail.com wrote:
>

>>RE3 by far. It had a superior game engine.
>

> Code Veronica was originally going to be RE3, apparently it was
> supposed to be a PS1 game. I remember seeing really early screenshots
> that were PS1 polygon-esque.
>

> Cheers,
> Rob

Wow, that is so freaky... I can't believe they would imagine putting CV
on a PSX!

On a side note though, Rob - your sig works fine in thunderbird, so
whoever is having trouble with your signature really hates fixed-width
fonts or something!

--CW

starskiller wrote:
> which game out of the series was the best besides re4

That's quite hard to quantify - but IMO RE2 was the best.

The original RE had a GREAT atmosphere, the game is still great to play,
and it has a certain "quality".
RE2 followed up that quality in a good fashion by adding action, which
is quite good IMO because it follows the film/any good series by going
from a set mood, to up-beat action.
RE3 ruined it a little, because it was supposed to be suspense (I guess)
and it wasn't. It was a laid-back point and shoot, follow the dotted
lines game.
RE:CV I only watched being played, but I suppose it's OK, it was a start
onto RE0, REmake and RE4 by shifting the series into a darker area -
which I'm all for... It's kind of like when the guy comes out the
shadows at the end of a film, takes it deeper than expected.
RE:CV didn't do this justice though - it didn't go, "deep" enough, and
also went a bit off-the-wall bringing Wesker back.

Now as for RE4, I was going over the E3 footage of Leon going through
the mansion, etc.. I still think that would have been an EXCELLENT game,
moving the series deeper and "darker".

Guess we'll have to wait... Perhaps after RE4 we'll get the two-tone
game, where it starts off nice and breezy and then gets into an
action-horror, or something like that!

--CW (again, too lazy to set up a sig!)

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

In message <d1chv9$aoh$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>
Computer Whizz <old486whizz@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Wow, that is so freaky... I can't believe they would imagine putting CV
> on a PSX!
>
> On a side note though, Rob - your sig works fine in thunderbird, so
> whoever is having trouble with your signature really hates fixed-width
> fonts or something!

Y'know, it's sheer irony; my news client doesn't like my .sig for some
reason, and I refuse to read my news and email in a web browser.

I don't think anybody gets the Half Man Half Biscuit bit either, it was
quite an obscure album...

Cheers,
Rob

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Well I havent played RE4 yet it ain't been released here in NZ yet but of
all RE games I would have to say my most fav was REmake on GC. Why you
may ask???...simply because the graphics are totally outstanding. The
original RE was far by the scariest but I've definitely had my scary
moments with REmake. I just found more interest in this game, it gave me
more of a challenge and the idea of having super zombies (crimson heads)
made me hate the fact of trying to conserve ammo, but at the same time it
gave me a thrill knowing I had dangerous opposition ahead of me. I
must've played this game a thousand times and beating the game under 3
hours (my official time 2 hrs 17mins) certainly gave huge rewards...long
live Resident Evil

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Rob White wrote:
<snip>
> Y'know, it's sheer irony; my news client doesn't like my .sig for some
> reason, and I refuse to read my news and email in a web browser.
>
> I don't think anybody gets the Half Man Half Biscuit bit either, it was
> quite an obscure album...
>

> Cheers,
> Rob

Have you considered moving over to Thunderbird?
It's quite nice from what I've used, very much like Outlook Express,
although if you use Forté or something like that then I suppose you'd be
best to stick with it.

Erm, am I getting this right... You're using RISC-OS?
That surely is misleading in the header of a news reader!

Anyway, I'm happy using Thunderbird :D .

--CW

Computer Whizz wrote:
> Have you considered moving over to Thunderbird?
> It's quite nice from what I've used, very much like Outlook Express,
> although if you use Forté or something like that then I suppose
you'd be
> best to stick with it.
>
> Erm, am I getting this right... You're using RISC-OS?
> That surely is misleading in the header of a news reader!
>
> Anyway, I'm happy using Thunderbird :D .
>
> --CW

I'd rather use the full Mozilla Suite (Seamonkey) than Thunderbird
seperately. But I'd rather use Opera than either -- best web browser
*and* e-mail client I've seen.

Then again, of course, I'm posting this through Google Groups of all
things, so what do I know? ;)

--
Best,

Imad Hussain