3800+ X2 S939 Max O.C achieved, some advice plz...

j_waylec

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
I searched the board and I could not find a similar thread so sorry if it has been asked before. I want to know if there are any s939 x2 3800+ owners out there and what their maximum overclock achieved is... I am running a Coolermaster GeminII setup with 2x 12" fans and a case with pretty decent airflow. I am running 1.475v on the core and I can only get a 2.6ghz stable clock. Even if I increase the juice up to 1.5v+. My temps are 32degrees C at idle and 47degrees C at load. When I try to go to anything above 2.6ghz I get BSOD's and all kinds of instabity. Please post your max stable clock and any advice you might have! Appreciate it...

2.6 is all I can get on my AM2 Windsor model. Although it wasn't truly stable, Orthos ran for 2 days without an error. I play some music and it BSODs on me. I had it at 2.3 for about a week and the system became unstable with any type of CPU overclock, go figure. I prolly damaged the chip, but I didn't go over stock voltage on mine. At 1.35v it won't even boot for me, but 1.3v is fine...

I think we are both limited by our motherboard's bus.

funnyman06

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006
i got about 2.7 outa mine. 1.475 is kinda high, but your temps are under control so. if your maxing out at 2.6, it could be you need to up your chipset voltage. 260mhz is kinda low but idk what mobo ur running. my opty runs 2.7 at 1.2 volts. check ur htt voltage and multi. make sure your not going over 1000mhz.