How do I get a copy of <windows root>\\system32\\ntoskrnl exe

Cheryll

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
Hi how do I reinstall windows root system 32 I do not have any discs , could you please reply in simple language as I am not IT friendly

Kind regards
Cheryll Hague

manojgj

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
without xp cd you can't do anything with your system,, first try to get an cd..

or if you just need "ntoskrnl " file only then try to copy it from some other xp machine with same service pack, & replace it to you machine in safe mode(i'm not sure about this)

angelct29

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
I'm having the same issue. I got the disks from Dell. I have the Dell Mini. I get to this point with the disk

"5 Highlight the largest partition and press <Enter>."

but then i get an error and it tells me to exit. What do I do?
TY

flavaofdmonth@live.com :cry:

mag7898

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011

Hi I am just like you computer dumb! Here is how I fixed my system after a virus blue screened it. I purchased a copy of system mechanic which allowed me to be able to create a medic disk, if that does not work you have to blank your drive with the drive scrubber it provides. The part of not having the CD is the big problem. You might be able to download it from another system , but I dont think that will work. SO the other idea is to find a friend or family member that has a copy of the program you need. Most are able to load onto 3 computers. So most of us just have one explain to them that it will not cause them a problem as they are able to put onto 3 different computers. OK If you still get the same message you probably need have a tech fix it . There are some companies that offer a beefed up services by telling you what to do over the phone. If you have a motherboard with express gate which will allow you to get to the web. SO now what type of motherboard do you have hopefully it has express gate on it. Tapping F8 will just restart your computer with windows xp so the other thing I would do if you have to wipe your drive is to find a copy of windows 7 all of these problems will go away . Hope this helps , but know the feeling of helplessness in reguards to these things . Mark P.S. if you find a copy of windows xp that should fix the problem by just letting it run up and selecting repair as the option.