Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

YouTube Flash Player Tearing

Last response: in Applications
Share
June 16, 2012 3:40:01 AM

Hey all! First time poster here, hopefully you can help me, but I'm not really expecting much, I was just curious if anyone else was having this problem.

I'm having an extremely annoying problem with flash player on YouTube. When watching videos and interacting with the webpage, the flash player will distort and random parts of it will turn white. Sometimes, the controls will move to the wrong part of the player, and if I scroll the webpage, the whole flash player will look like it is peeling apart, like it is "tearing." The only way to fix it is to scroll all the way down until the video isn't visible, and then scroll back up, at which time the player will look normal again. As you can imagine, this becomes extremely annoying! I am using Firefox 13.1 and the latest version of flash. I used to always have this problem back when I used Google Chrome but I never experienced it with Firefox until I updated to the current version of Flash today. (Forgot the number).

I don't really want to downgrade to the previous version. The only reason I upgraded is because Firefox said they found an security issue with my old version of Flash. I am OCD when it comes to browser extensions and the only one I have running is Flash, so it can't be interference from another extension causing the problem. I'm including links to some screenshots I've taken in case my description of the problem is hard to understand.











Anyone else having this problem?

June 18, 2012 11:45:27 AM

I am finding exactly the same thing since the flash update. Are you on win7 like myself? Also generally I have found flash performing much more poorly.
Related resources
June 18, 2012 10:26:54 PM

oldunclesilas said:
I am finding exactly the same thing since the flash update. Are you on win7 like myself? Also generally I have found flash performing much more poorly.


Yeah, I'm on Windows 7. Soooo annoying.
June 18, 2012 10:29:50 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
Flash 11.3 was having problems with firefox 13.0. upgrade firefox to 13.0.1. If you still have problems, it may be a corrupt install. Use the flash unistaller, then reinstall flash.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-...


I have upgraded to Firefox 13.1, and tried the flash uninstall / re-install. No luck.

I just give up with Firefox. It's too slow and clunky. They ruined a good browser IMO. I've been using Chrome and it's just so much faster and smoother.

June 19, 2012 5:45:20 AM

wimpyliberalbuster32 said:
I have upgraded to Firefox 13.1, and tried the flash uninstall / re-install. No luck.

I just give up with Firefox. It's too slow and clunky. They ruined a good browser IMO. I've been using Chrome and it's just so much faster and smoother.


+1 RIP FF, stopped using it since the "every two weeks" updates.
June 19, 2012 11:51:15 AM

wimpyliberalbuster32 said:
I have upgraded to Firefox 13.1, and tried the flash uninstall / re-install. No luck.

I just give up with Firefox. It's too slow and clunky. They ruined a good browser IMO. I've been using Chrome and it's just so much faster and smoother.


Did you just use the program's uninstaller? If so, that doesn't do a complete uninstall which is why adobe makes the complete uninstaller that I linked to. The complete uninstaller seems better at cleaning up a corrupt install.
June 21, 2012 11:36:25 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
Did you just use the program's uninstaller? If so, that doesn't do a complete uninstall which is why adobe makes the complete uninstaller that I linked to. The complete uninstaller seems better at cleaning up a corrupt install.


Tried it but it didn't work. Actually, it made things worse. Now after re-installing flash, the plugin no longer shows up in the Firefox plugin list, even though it runs!!
June 22, 2012 2:03:59 AM

OK, it's fixed now. I got it to stop by disabling hardware acceleration.
June 23, 2012 9:49:09 AM

hi you can use chrome instead of firefox its far better .
!