Sign in with
Your question

Please Give Me Your Opinions on This Hardware

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
September 12, 2007 5:40:39 PM

Hi,

My computer is slowly dying and it's wasting my time, it's time for a new one. I've been making this list based on the little knowledge that I have and also based on people's reviews on Newegg. I would appreciate your opinions/advices. I don't game but I want to next year when the new Intel CPUs and graphics cards are released. Here's the list:

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 $199.99

Fan:
Thermaltake CL-P0257 Blue orb II $45.99
*Thanks chookman for the suggestion!

Motherboard:
ABIT IP35 $144.99

Memory:
mushkin 4GB(2 x 2GB) $324.99
*I will check the ABIT website and forums for compatibility with motherboard.

Graphics Card:
EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit $89.99
*Something to use while the new generation comes out.

PSU:
CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W $129.99
*If you know a better one for a similar price, please let me know.

HDD:
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB $79.99

Monitor:
SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" 2 ms $319.99
*Based on Newegg's reviews.

DVD R:
LITE-ON LightScribe Black 20X DVD±R Burner with 12X DVD-RAM write $37.99

Thanks a lot for your help!

Edit:Fixed links, added dvd drive, changed Fan (thanks chookman!)

More about : give opinions hardware

September 12, 2007 10:10:45 PM

For the most part your selections look good... A little strange that the RAM is the most expensive part in your build. Are you going to need 4gb RAM and what OS are you using because without a 64bit OS the system wont fully utilise the whole 4gb.

My other note is the Acrtic cooler, they are good i have 3 ... however if you are going to OC at all you would be best with a 120mm fan something like the thermaltake maybe a better choice in that regard.

Good luck with the build.
September 12, 2007 10:51:17 PM

chookman said:
For the most part your selections look good... A little strange that the RAM is the most expensive part in your build. Are you going to need 4gb RAM and what OS are you using because without a 64bit OS the system wont fully utilise the whole 4gb.

My other note is the Acrtic cooler, they are good i have 3 ... however if you are going to OC at all you would be best with a 120mm fan something like the thermaltake maybe a better choice in that regard.

Good luck with the build.

Excellent suggestion regarding the CPU fan! I made the change as you suggested.
Regarding the memory, you're right it's the most expensive part, but I figured the more memory the better, I don't know if I need that much but it would be nice to have the option to upgrade to 8GB in the future when DDR2 gets really cheap, so I chose those expensive 2GB sticks. I'll use a 64bit system then, to take full advantage. Thanks again for your help!
September 12, 2007 11:45:40 PM

No Probs ;) 
!