mis33

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2007
Now that X38-DQ6 is around the corner, would you still buy a P35-DQ6 now.

Considerations:
1. P35-DQ6 will be discontinued soon.
2. The parallel and COM ports in the back IO panel on a P35-DQ6 are completely useless for me.

On the other hand, X38 is more expensive but it does not offer much performance gain for me since I do not plan on DDR3 and Dual-VGA.

How does a P5K-Deluxe compared to P35-DQ6 in term of performance and stability?

Concesus is that the p35's in the $100-$150 range will suffice most people, but that is a personal preference. I wouldn't spend the $ on a DQ6, but that is because of budget constraints. I think p35 mobo's aren't going to be discontinued soon, because the x38's aren't going to sell well because of the price of them and the performance difference isn't worth the $ right now. Things will change, but for now I would just get the p35 mobo's right now and be done with it.

immagikman

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
Intel completely screwed the pooch on X38 if you ask me. No support for SLi, it only supports ATI's Crossfire. Completley bogus that they made that choice. It's also got a few other draw backs that I would have expected them to work out. Check out the Article on X38 here on THG. Link is on the home page. Not to mention that DDR3 support is worthless when you look at the costs.

3X3CUTION3R

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2007
Faced with the same dilemma !!
have to decide :
Asus P5k Deluxe Wifi AP VS Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6
Please help me in this matter.
I'm swayed by GA-P35-DQ6 but after reading all the problems here that people are having with Gigabyte P35 boards, I'm scared to buy one. Please help me out.

Not sure how well the DQ6 does, but I've read alot of good reviews on the DS3L and DS3R's, so I'd assume the DQ6's should be fine too. I don't own one, so I can't give you any expert advice on that. I just don't see spending $250 on a mobo, when you can get similar results from a $150 or even $100 mobo. That is just my opinion on that though. Everyone has preferences, so I just try to help out people by giving them options to consider. I personnaly would get the DS3R and use the $100 somewhere else in the build, like on the GPU, because it more critical to me to have a nice GPU.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
I have built 3 P35 Dq6s and have had no problems, except figuring out the screwy BIOS. It's probably the same BIOS as the other Gigabyte mobos though.

@ 3X3CUTION3R, what are all these problems that you have heard about?

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
I saw your other thread, I think you will like it once you get use to the BIOS. It's hard to tell whether these problems are the result of a bad mobo. Additionally, you have to expect a small number of DOA parts, it's just a fact of life.