Closed Solved

Fraps videos contain no audio on my new system

Well, this new system is giving me one headache after another and now Fraps doesn't work properly anymore. I used to be able to record good quality audio with Fraps and K-lite mega codec pack installed. Since shifting to my new rig, there's no sound at all in Fraps videos. I searched google for hours trying to find a solution and kept trying different programs to no avail. Most forum posts advise setting the default recording device to Stereo Mix. I have done that and now my Fraps videos have audio but the quality is very bad compared to what I was used to. I have the same Xonar DX from my previous system with the same driver version, the same OS, the same version of Fraps, and the same version of K-lite mega codec pack. The only thing that's changed is that I installed DirectX using the web installer. Should I install DirectX SDK or something?

System specs:

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-VPro
CPU: i7-3770K
Graphics: 6950 unlocked to 6970
Ram: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600MHz X.M.P
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about fraps videos audio system
  1. Best answer
    Issue resolved by increasing the volume. I am using Roccat Kave and their volume is so high that I can only use them comfortably at 8%-12% of their total volume. So, I used the in line equalizer to lower the volume as much as possible while keeping system volume at 100%. I didn't have to do this on my old system nor did I have to set Stereo Mix as the default recording device. Any explanation for these issues is most welcome
  2. Best answer selected by Nikorr.
  3. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Multimedia Audio Video Apps