Changing from XP Home Ed SP2 to XP Pro SP1

My daughter's PC has the XP Home SP2, but I want to change it to XP Pro, but
the disk I have is only XP Pro SP1, when I inserted it and tried to install,
I got a warning message. Any problems with doing what I wish (after Pro
install, I would then download/install the SP2 patch for XP Pro). How do I
get around this current challenge?
--
XP-P; Linksys Wrles H-O ntwk 3 PCs 1 lptp 1 Smtfon (WM03+ActSync4 Outlk
Cal&Conts); CPUs P4 3.4G; 2GB RM; BT Kybd/Mse; ATI Rad9800P; Office03P;

    Check here http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/slipstream.htm
    http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/upgrade_tips.htm

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Dr Ken Brown-Gratchev" <DrKenBrownGratchev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:319504CA-C9F7-4B48-8BC7-8F34407B9DFC@microsoft.com...
    > My daughter's PC has the XP Home SP2, but I want to change it to XP Pro,
    > but
    > the disk I have is only XP Pro SP1, when I inserted it and tried to
    > install,
    > I got a warning message. Any problems with doing what I wish (after Pro
    > install, I would then download/install the SP2 patch for XP Pro). How do
    > get around this current challenge?
    > --
    > XP-P; Linksys Wrles H-O ntwk 3 PCs 1 lptp 1 Smtfon (WM03+ActSync4 Outlk
    > Cal&Conts); CPUs P4 3.4G; 2GB RM; BT Kybd/Mse; ATI Rad9800P; Office03P;
    > NSW-AS-AV05; MS AntiSpywr; SpySwepr; SpyBot; SpyWrBlastr

    Do you have a second license for XP Pro for the second installation?
    If you already used the XP Pro license on one computer, than you'll
    have to purchase a second license for installation on your daughter's
    computer.

    If you already have a retail copy of Windows XP, you can obtain
    additional licenses for another computer or laptop by visiting the
    following Microsoft Web site:
    http://shop.microsoft.com/special/wal/walinfo.asp

    Make a new Windows XP Pro CD with SP2 slipstreamed
    and then perform the upgrade with the new CD.

    Either one of the following utilities makes slipstreaming
    (integrating) SP2 into Windows XP a breeze:

    Windows Slipstreaming and Bootable CD Guide
    http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=49

    or

    AutoStreamer 1.0.33 (preferred)
    http://www.wbeta.com/comments.php?shownews=1063&catid=2

    Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Direct Download
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Dr Ken Brown-Gratchev" wrote:

    | My daughter's PC has the XP Home SP2, but I want to change it to XP Pro, but
    | the disk I have is only XP Pro SP1, when I inserted it and tried to install,
    | I got a warning message. Any problems with doing what I wish (after Pro
    | install, I would then download/install the SP2 patch for XP Pro). How do I
    | get around this current challenge?

Microsoft Windows XP