Sign in with
Your question

How are my drives?

Last response: in Storage
February 11, 2008 9:00:12 PM

Hi guys. I saw a link to HD Tune in another thread and I downloaded the program and ran it on my Seagate Barracuda SATA drive. I don't know much about this so I was wondering if anyone could tell me how my drive did on this test?

I'll post the results screens on my second drive in a second. Right now I'm running an error scan on this drive. Thanks.

More about : drives

February 11, 2008 10:16:57 PM

Here are the results from testing my second hard drive. The first one (in post above) has my OS on it. This one is empty.

I appreciate anyone who can tell me what these results mean. Thanks.
February 12, 2008 12:12:46 AM

Anyone? I am building my new computer in a couple days and I'd like to know how these drives fare. I've been looking at some newer Seagate drives with the 32MB cache so if you know what these results mean I would appreciate your response.
Related resources
a c 115 G Storage
February 12, 2008 12:40:12 AM

They are both old drives so shouldn't be expected to perform up to the latest and greatest. But, pretty much, all things being equal, every HD is going to test out the same as it's "batch mate".

You can compare it with the sample in the storage review test

http://www.storagereview.com/ST3750640NS.sr?page=0%2C1

which showed:

DTR from 78.3 to 44.3
AT's from 12.3 - 13.5

To get an understanding of disk benchmarks read the "how we test" sections of the storage review site.

February 12, 2008 12:47:00 AM

Thanks for the reply, but I haven't any idea what you're saying - all I want to know is this: are there anything wrong with my drives? Going by those tests. I have no idea what those screens or any of the information on the HD Tune means, that's why I started this thread, to have someone who does know explain it to me.
!