Format RAW to FAT SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnc32

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
I have A new Micro SD card Windows XP cannot read it or format it. It can only tell me its format is RAW. Disk Manager is no help cannot read the drive. I tried formatting in my camera it works there but the PC cannot read it. It's a Kingston 2GB card. My internet searches tells me it must be changed to FAT but not how. Can anyone help me?

Thank You
John

Solution
The drive write protect is enabled meaning that little write protect switch is on. See:
T555-1122-callout.jpg

michaelmah

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Daniel

MOst probably there is no solution to recover this type of matter

I also have problem with kingston 1gb and 2 gb.

The problem occur when my handphone 'program jam" and white screen for long time.

the wrong approach is to restart the handphone. This will cause the smartphone program deleted the system file and from FAT converted to RAW and your handphone will tell it is password protcted.

the correct approach, take out the card and slot in to computer, wait and be patient .....the computer will 'peak' use a lot memory and will cause all other thing/program to slow down or even no movement for the mouse at all..

Just leave the computer for 10 minutes, then the computer may recover your memorycard .

I successful try before, proven successful.

If you did restart your memorycard by handphone and camera when it 1st time unable to access then your card are not possible to recover .

Just buy a new one will do.

In my country, Malaysia, at Asia, dont you heard before or not....a 1gb is selling at only RM18 (USD 6) (price like a MCD big mac 2x price only) not expensive at all, but made in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.