Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Format RAW to FAT SD card

Last response: in Storage
February 12, 2008 9:32:50 PM

I have A new Micro SD card Windows XP cannot read it or format it. It can only tell me its format is RAW. Disk Manager is no help cannot read the drive. I tried formatting in my camera it works there but the PC cannot read it. It's a Kingston 2GB card. My internet searches tells me it must be changed to FAT but not how. Can anyone help me?

Thank You
John

More about : format raw fat card

February 12, 2008 10:34:53 PM

thank you i'll let you know how it goes.
Score
Related resources
February 12, 2008 11:05:40 PM

This did not work. It said the drive is write protected.
Can you suggest any thing else?

Thank You
John
Score

Best solution

a b G Storage
February 12, 2008 11:34:26 PM

The drive write protect is enabled meaning that little write protect switch is on. See:
June 19, 2008 12:20:04 AM

What if the card is not locked? but it still shows "card is locked?"
what will i do then?
PLS help! i have a asimilar problem!
Score
December 23, 2008 1:07:23 PM

Daniel

MOst probably there is no solution to recover this type of matter

I also have problem with kingston 1gb and 2 gb.

The problem occur when my handphone 'program jam" and white screen for long time.

the wrong approach is to restart the handphone. This will cause the smartphone program deleted the system file and from FAT converted to RAW and your handphone will tell it is password protcted.

the correct approach, take out the card and slot in to computer, wait and be patient .....the computer will 'peak' use a lot memory and will cause all other thing/program to slow down or even no movement for the mouse at all..

Just leave the computer for 10 minutes, then the computer may recover your memorycard .

I successful try before, proven successful.

If you did restart your memorycard by handphone and camera when it 1st time unable to access then your card are not possible to recover .

Just buy a new one will do.

In my country, Malaysia, at Asia, dont you heard before or not....a 1gb is selling at only RM18 (USD 6) (price like a MCD big mac 2x price only) not expensive at all, but made in China.
Score
June 12, 2009 5:37:49 AM

Hi! I had the same problem with my SD card. I formatted my SD card from RAW to FAT with "SD Memory Card Formatting Software Ver.2.0" from Panasonic. Here is the download link: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/sd_fo... Download button is on the bottom of the page. It works perfectly!
Score
Anonymous
a b G Storage
July 19, 2009 2:08:09 AM

pisu4ever said:
Hi! I had the same problem with my SD card. I formatted my SD card from RAW to FAT with "SD Memory Card Formatting Software Ver.2.0" from Panasonic. Here is the download link: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/sd_fo... Download button is on the bottom of the page. It works perfectly!

Thanks it worked! You saved me some euros :) 
Score
Anonymous
a b G Storage
March 18, 2010 8:08:38 PM

no bro it says this derive is not supported
Score
Anonymous
a b G Storage
March 18, 2010 8:09:49 PM

wht can i do
Score
December 22, 2011 6:52:20 AM

pisu4ever said:

Thank's Mas bro this utility it's working for my MicroSD 2Gb................ :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 
Score
December 22, 2011 12:05:55 PM

try to format it during window installation using window xp setup disk (no need to complete the installation)
Score
a c 180 G Storage
December 22, 2011 8:42:18 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
a c 180 G Storage
December 22, 2011 8:43:33 PM

Best answer selected by area51reopened.
Score
!