What has become of the PN2 SLI2+

Astralan

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
This isn't so much a request for assistance, but I'm puzzled that this fine board has almost dropped off the face of the earth. You can hardly find it for sale, and even tho bios updates continue on the site, I see very little chat going on about some of the glitches other people may have experienced aside from myself.

A few popular geek sale sites may only have it listed as a refurbish, but not new. If anyone can shed some light on why this has disappeared, I'd be curious.
-B

Astralan

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
The 680i is the top Nvidia SLI chipset, and not going away very soon. Vendors are still selling EVGA, XFX, ASUS, FOXCONN, MSI and Gigabyte with quite good success. This may be an old motherboard, but the introduction of the 680i is still new technology. The ECS PN2 SLI2+ was tested by Toms Hardware and given some solid praise. The Asus Striker is still high up on the 775 list of best boards.
I have this board running full blast with a Q6600. Aside from a few problems that were flash related, it's easily one of the best boards I have built with. I just thought there would be some murmuring out there on the net as to why ECS has dropped what some sites have said "Could possibly be ECS's first rock solid board and may herald a comeback for the company".
These are some of the things that drove me to post.