New X-Fi Drivers?

pchoi04

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
When are new Creative Drivers suppose to come out for Vista. The fact that I can't get Dolby Digital/DTS on current drivers is pretty annoying. Its been almost 4 months now since the last drivers have been released so I wonder what the hold up is?

Just trying to get some answers.

Thanks

0p3n

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Creative is notorious for not releasing drivers in a timely fashion...Their drivers also tend to have many problems with them that take a long time for them to fix. It is irritating to have an X-Fi card, but have it crippled because of shoddy drivers.

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
Go back to XP... i own a X-fi also... had i known creative were this slow at driver updates with little support i may have looked at another option.

pchoi04

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Oh... actually I have gone back to XP about 3 months ago. Just couldnt stand it. But if they got some kinks worked out I would probably go back to Vista in a heart beat. I really did give Vista a fair chance and really wanted to like it.

Ibanezrg570

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
Creative finally got around to releasing the Creative Console Launcher for Vista which is rediculous seeing as how some of us using the external and front mount bays that came with our X-Fi's for recording, enjoyed all the little effects generated by the Recording mode. I'm thinking Creative, as a company, is in actuallity, one guy, his PC, a soldering gun and a HUGE Circuit City credit card bill.

Cheers